Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: broadcom wireless and some other issue

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHalz View Post
    I will try this card that comes with my laptop, but if will be going to buy a new NIC will go for some that has a connector for an antenna. I understand that orinoco gold is a good choice of what I read in some books.

Also, despite the failures I had am starting to like the hard way of getting things done the right way.
    Let me tell ya something. I started digging really deep into Linux a few months ago. I don't think that I've asked a single question on a forum about issues that I've had. I've searched and searched and searched and searched for all the issues that have come up.

I guess the best piece of advice I can give you is don't get too stuck on the idea that you can't read through the Ubuntu forums for solutions relating to RedHat or Fedora, or CentOS or whatever. Read everything you can about any issues you find. MOST of the time, no one will have the exact answer for your problem, but MOST of the time, there's enough information given across several posts to solve the issues.

Google for error messages that you see, chances are, you're not the first person to get that error. I've been busy compiling all the BT3 tools under CentOS from source, and so far, everything has worked. Somethings take more work than others, but I'm learning more and more about the OS everytime I do something else.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeownu View Post
    bcm43xx:TODO: incomplete code in keymac_write() at drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_main.c:1151

bcm43xx:TODO: incomplete code in keymac_write() at drivers/net/wireless
    thanks!
    Read through this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185174&page=48

That should help out with finding the problem. It looks like you might have the wrong version of Firmware for your Broadcom. What you neglected to post was which Broadcom card you're using. If it's a 4311 you're SOL.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Hi i have a broadcom 4306 14e4:4320 rev 02. i will check that out. thanks!

here is the code that I previusly posted:

Code:
    IEEE 802.11b/g ESSID"t" Nickname "Broadcom 4311"
    Mode:managed Frequency=2.457 GHz Access Point: Invalid
    RTS thrff Fragment thr: off
    Encryption keyff
    Link Quality=0/100 Signal level=256 dBm Noise Level=256 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

But will try to find out what the issue is. Also read that Broadcom 4309 is the issue there wich might work.

Here i found a link: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...1_(ndiswrapper)

here is the code that I previusly posted:

Code:
    IEEE 802.11b/g ESSID"t" Nickname "Broadcom 4311"
    Mode:managed Frequency=2.457 GHz Access Point: Invalid
    RTS thrff Fragment thr: off
    Encryption keyff
    Link Quality=0/100 Signal level=256 dBm Noise Level=256 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

But will try to find out what the issue is. Also read that Broadcom 4309 is the issue there wich might work.

Here i found a link: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...1_(ndiswrapper)
    I was replying to someone that posted during yesterday and I think most of us on this thread missed.

Just burned his ISO

streaker i followed the guide. and when try to load the drivers using b43fwcutter it doesn't show up when i try to do modprobe b43legacy. the only modules loaded are bcm43xx i can unload/load them at will. ounce i extract the firmware any thing special i need to do to get the OS to see the drivers? i have also tried blacklisting bcm43xx under neath modprobe/blacklist as another solution

btw im using broadcom 4306 rev 2 with backtrack 3. has anyone tried updating the kernel on bt3?

streaker69 sorry for my noobish aproach. Im new and curius about the issue.

This compaq that I curently have will be a giveaway to my father who needs it.
    The thing that happened today when bought an acer 5790 was quiet strange.
    I was in the store paying for my laptop and a guy thought that a laptop dont have a battery inside and he gave me another one. So when I came home and tried to install it found out his mistake. Now have 2 bateries and not returning. THe guy was quiet sloppy when he was selling it to me.
    So when I started my laptop, linux shell was already installed and was given a root access. So with no clue on what to do I wanted to turn my buttons on. Bluethooth worked fine as it turned on but my wifi didnt turn on. So i spent like 5 minutes trying to turn it on and it didnt work. Then I called a shop and said that I have an urgent flight to Dublin and that a button isnt working and how the hell am I gonna use it there. A seller says then that they have a policy that a service guy from a shop needs to check it out but on monday and then if it really dont work they give another one. I was quite furius about it but they didnt let me swap another. So I said that because its their policy I will cancel the flight and bring it on monday.
    Atleast I have an extra battery wich costs around 120 $ and not giving it back.
    So it all kinds have a bright side.

Best regards MaxHalz.

So it all kinds have a bright side.

Nevermind the breach of ethics or anything....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

To say atleast have that kind of ethics in me but to care about a shop that dont want me to return my new laptop I simply dont care. What if I really had to go somewhere where should I be? they have a 7 day return policy, I understand that but later my laptop wouldnt be returnable and be having a broken laptop. Thats why I dare not to return a battery. And they also gave it to me from a shelf wich was standing for people to look at and touch it and in wich later I found out by phone by other guy that they have one in their storage and that he dont understand why this one was given to me. So if their ethics are wrong why should mine be right?

To say atleast have that kind of ethics in me but to care about a shop that dont want me to return my new laptop I simply dont care. What if I really had to go somewhere where should I be? they have a 7 day return policy, I understand that but later my laptop wouldnt be returnable and be having a broken laptop. Thats why I dare not to return a battery. And they also gave it to me from a shelf wich was standing for people to look at and touch it and in wich later I found out by phone by other guy that they have one in their storage and that he dont understand why this one was given to me. So if their ethics are wrong why should mine be right?
    Because now you're at their level? Firget about it, I don't feel like carrying on with an ethics battle with you. All I have to say is that two wrongs don't make a right, and what you did was wrong. They may have been wrong as well, but if someone walks into your house and steals your tv, you don't have the right to do the same. Period.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast