Thread: Critical temperature reached 80c???

robjay666

Unhappy Critical temperature reached 80c???

Hi I'm VERY new to backtrack but everytime i boot off cd it runs for 5 mins or so and then displays the 'critical temperature reached 80c' error and shuts down!! someone please help as im really just beginning to learn linux and backtrack and everytime i think im getting somewhere this happens, GRRR. Thanks in advance.

1. I'm guessing that this isn't a BackTrack issue, it sounds more like a hardware issue.

2. You're trying to crack your neighbour's AP? Doesn't sound like something you're going to get a lot of help with here.

Quote Originally Posted by robjay666 View Post
    Hi I'm VERY new to backtrack im trying to crack my neighbours wpa wifi...
    If this is your goal I guess it is a good thing that you are unable to get BT3 working.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

obviously your computer is overheating.
    and obviously you havn't noticed that u shouldnt announce that u are tryin to crack your neighbors wifi.

dont get discouraged, its just a lil FYI for ya

robjay666

Thumbs up

Hi I'm VERY new to backtrack but everytime i boot off cd it runs for 5 mins or so and then displays the 'critical temperature reached 80c' error and shuts down!! someone please help as im really just beginning to learn linux and backtrack and everytime i think im getting somewhere this happens, GRRR. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry everyone that was silly of me!!!!!!! I did not realise that was bad

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Sorry everyone that was silly of me!!!!!!! I did not realise that was bad
    You didn't realize that stealing from your neighbor was bad?

Folks, in the future, when you see a Luser post such things, quote the entire message right away, so that the Luser OP cannot edit their original post to remove the offending material.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

Doesn't matter I got the point. I guess none of the people that saw it know how to report a post either. How disappointing.