Thread: Vmware Wifi Help

Just burned his ISO

Default Vmware Wifi Help

Hi,

I've been using the Backtrack 3 CD- and recently n0ticed that instead 0f me reb00ting my pc t0 test WEP cracking that i can just use Vmware t0 l0ad the image as a virtual machine and d0 it thr0ugh there, It w0rks fine i can l0ad the IS0, But when i try the f0ll0wing c0mmand airmon-ng it d0esnt pick up any Wireless interferance's 0r anything what s0 ever, i have a WG111v2 Netgear USb adapter, and it still d0esn't pick that up, Im runing the VMware under vista ( h0ME ) i have a full versi0n 0f Vmware, what can i d0 s0 that it can pick-up my Wifi s0 i can test the WEP crack, when i b00t the BT3 thr0ugh cd 0n my lapt0p it w0rks fine picks up my wifi etc.. n0 pr0blem i cracked my R0uter in minute's but i w0uld like t0 d0 this 0n the g0 thr0ugh a Virtual machine is there a way i can Enable s0 it can detect my Wifi!

Kind Regards

Snipar

Btw, ive been reading al0t 0f bl0gs 0n this f0rum it is 0ne 0f the m0st bestest f0rums ive ever been 2, L0ve it!

Thank y0u all

Quote Originally Posted by Snipar View Post
    Hi,

I've been using the Backtrack 3 CD- and recently n0ticed that instead 0f me reb00ting my pc t0 test WEP cracking that i can just use Vmware t0 l0ad the image as a virtual machine and d0 it thr0ugh there, It w0rks fine i can l0ad the IS0, But when i try the f0ll0wing c0mmand airmon-ng it d0esnt pick up any Wireless interferance's 0r anything what s0 ever, i have a WG111v2 Netgear USb adapter, and it still d0esn't pick that up, Im runing the VMware under vista ( h0ME ) i have a full versi0n 0f Vmware, what can i d0 s0 that it can pick-up my Wifi s0 i can test the WEP crack, when i b00t the BT3 thr0ugh cd 0n my lapt0p it w0rks fine picks up my wifi etc.. n0 pr0blem i cracked my R0uter in minute's but i w0uld like t0 d0 this 0n the g0 thr0ugh a Virtual machine is there a way i can Enable s0 it can detect my Wifi!

Kind Regards

Snipar

Btw, ive been reading al0t 0f bl0gs 0n this f0rum it is 0ne 0f the m0st bestest f0rums ive ever been 2, L0ve it!

Thank y0u all
    PCMCIA cards do not work under VMware, so if you're trying to use that, it won't work.

Also, consider this your one and only warning that substituting zeros for O's is not only annoying and distracting, but will get your posts moved to the Idiot's Corner and will likely be infracted as well.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by Snipar View Post
    Hi,

Kind Regards

Snipar

Thank y0u all
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69