Thread: Frustating... RT73 Drivers

Default Frustating... RT73 Drivers

Hello all...

i just got a Hama WireLess USB Stick wich works with RT73 Drivers.
    I just installed the drivers like in this topic "Getting the rt73 driver to work in BT3final" written by 0tt0v0nc4t . I just disabled any WEP etc.. asking in my router to try if i can connect to my router via Back Track 3 easily. My Problem is, that i don't know how to connect to my router. I just tried to use Wireless Assistant 0.5.7. Sometimes the programm finds my router and sometime not.
    Then i just scan my router via: airodump-ng rausb0. This programm finds my router and the ENC is Open. (NO WEP etc...). When i try to connect with Wireless Assistant it shows me, connection failed.. yesterday it worked one time but i dont know how i did it...

What settings do i have to make ?

ifwconfig shows me: RT73 Driver ESSID="xxx" Nickname="yyy" and some other Data's like Frequenzy etc...

Thx u !

Developer

Wireless assistant sucks, is buggy and reminds me of windows. You should learn to connect to a access point via the command line. It has been discussed on this forum alone hundreds of times.

if your Ap uses wpa encytion try reading this

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7482

I have never had a problem connecting to wep with wireless assistant but my card is different and that can be why. If you search around there is a command line way to do it but I am unsure of the exact commands since wireless assistant has always worked for me. I would look it up but college/homework is taking all my time atm.

When you find the commands post them in my thread and I will be happy to add them to the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    if your Ap uses wpa encytion try reading this

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7482
    WPA supplicant doesnt work with rt73 unless you get the latest driver. He's using my thread which was written before the latest driver came out so I am guessing that he is probably using the 2.0.1 driver that I suggest there. (3.0.1 wasnt out yet and 3.0.0 doesnt work well with BT3)

Either way connecting to wep will be the same and when I find the commands for connecting to wep I will add them to my tutorial as well as updating the driver suggestion....

I've just been to busy lately to get to it.

Hello !

At first, thank you very much for your answers !.

I solved the problem.. it was the distance... WireLess Assistant could find my Network, but could not connect to it. When i just get up to the second level of our house it worked very fine.

And today i just bought my own WireLess USB Stick... before i hat to used my dad's one but he needs it too. THe new Wirless Stick is D-Link G122, i use the RT73 driver for it... how can i find out wich drivers would work with that model ? I already tried google but could not find any information.

Last Question: Is the G++ Compiler of BackTrack3 ready to compile C programms ? I would realy begin go code in Linux...

Thank you very much! Sorry for my bad english and my noob questions.. i just beginn to learn that all. I used before SuSe Linux sometimes.. i don't have so much skills but i will learn.

Wish ya good day !

best wishes,
    twoR_x64