Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pimp my eeepc...

Developer

I have not tried this on a usb or sdhc card install. I only did it on a hardrive install so I cant say for sure whats wrong.

Just burned his ISO

Well I've made some progress. I fixed the changes=/dev/sda2 entry and now all four folders are showing up. Also, e17 correctly installs to the changes directory as well.

I tried to nano /root/.xinitrc but that didn't work (couldn't find it, I think), so I put the file in the /changes directory. Now the problem is that when it runs, I get an error about not being able to find /usr/bin/enlightment_start and it goes to the command prompt. I suppose if I was more familiar with Linux's directory structure and commands I could solve this more easily. Considering how much I've learned in the past few days, though (like recovering from screwing up the MBR), it's only a matter of time.

Just burned his ISO

Ok, I'm an idiot. I had a typo in the .xinitrc file:

I had /usr/bin/enlightment_start instead of /usr/bin/enlightenment_start

Now it boots up, but gives me an error about not being able to load the temperature module. I'm gonna ignore that for now, and focus on figuring out how to put all the Backtrack stuff into the menu.

Thanks for the Tutorial!

Just burned his ISO

Default Size

Ok with their being 701 and 900's and having different SSD sizes I was wondering what was your total size after install there Pureh@te? and what is the overall size of your SSD? I ask because I am thinking of following your steps but instead of using e17 I am thinking of using xfce.
    Reply when you got time I know your busy with school and your personal life to man.
    Thanks in advance.

Developer

with out kde and some other stuff I dumped my install is around 500mb

Just burned his ISO

Thank you
    might use xfce and e17 then not sure yet. never used enlightenment before have used xfce and liked it. but always willing to try a new one.

Thanx man.... I can't wait for the LZM (beeing spoonfeed is great ) great work.....
    pureh@te you're a GOD.

Sorry to dig up an older post man. Excellent work Mr. h@te. I just purchased my eeepc last night, I will be giving this a go in the next few days.

Default Nice work

Love the background image pureH@te. Will defiantly be giving this a try on my new toy. ASUS Eee PC EPC1002HA-BLK006X
    Already maxed the memory out and working on getting this beautiful machine tweaked the way I like it.

Let us know how the .lzm is coming when you have time.
    15" MBP 8 gigs o ram 256 gig SSD in drivebay + 256 gig 5400 HD
    1000HE EEE 30 gig SSD 2 gigs Ram

Just burned his ISO

Default wishing..

i don't even know if this is still a possibility of happening, but this would be great, about to get a 16g eee 900 and this would definately be on it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123