Thread: chroot

Default chroot

In most of installation tutorials this line is included

Code:
    chroot /mnt/backtrack/ /bin/bash
    Is this neccesary for the installation, because I have made a small BT3 script, but when this script is exectued it seems to stop the script

Calypso

The command is used before executing the lilo -v command and is needed for changing the apparent disk root directory for the current running process. Use google as the issue you are experiencing have been covered on several different Linux forums already, and workarounds for it can easily be found.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

I really cant find any work arounds im afriad, the only thing i can think of is just putting at the very end of the installation script

Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    I really cant find any work arounds im afriad, the only thing i can think of is just putting at the very end of the installation script
    Well some more details about your exact problem would make it easier to provide you with help. I am also assuming that you are writing a simple bash script, is this correct?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Yes it is a simple bash script, basically all the commands that are used for a normal installation are in there, plus a few customised commands ie automatically editing kismet and lilo.conf and copying certain directories.