Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eavesdropping on Bluetooth headsets[video]

Default Eavesdropping on Bluetooth headsets[video]

Here's a short video in which Joshua Wright demonstrates how a Bluetooth headset can be hijacked, allowing audio to be captured or sent to the device:

Few users realize that Bluetooth headsets can be exploited granting a remote attacker the ability to record and inject audio through the headset while the device is not in an active call. SANS Institute author and senior instructor Joshua Wright demonstrates.

All that is necessary is knowing the device address, which can be easily sniffed, and the secret pin, which defaults to 0000. The headset audio is tapped while not in a call, so any room conversation the headset's mic can pick up can potentially be listened to remotely.

http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archiv...tooth_hea.html

Umm, hasn't this already been posted a few times here?

Okay, never mind. I must have been thinking about a different site.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Umm, hasn't this already been posted a few times here?

Okay, never mind. I must have been thinking about a different site.
    It has but it was on /. today so there is going to be a few reposts in the next week.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    It has but it was on /. today so there is going to be a few reposts in the next week.....
    Yea, I posted it up on the netstumbler forums a few weeks ago when it was on Gizmodo. I think it was gizmodo, it could have been engadget, they're pretty much the same thing now-a-days.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Funny, i was just thinking about what could be done to exploit a bluetooth headset. not that I could actually do anything about accomplishing that but I have to start to somewhere.

Yeah... pin #0000
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

Has anyone tried the carwhisperer?

I tested it with my Nokia 6110 n SE HBH-35 earpiece, but failed to connect. I guess it won't work for all bluetooth earpieces.

More info abt CarWhisperer can be found in the following.
    hxxp://xxx.digitalmunition.com/HijackHeadSet.txt
    hxxp://xxx.securiteam.com/securitynews/5JP0420GKG.html

Hiya Guys,
    I am just giving this a go. Two questions, what can I use to create the .RAW I need to send? Then what can I use to listen to the OUTPUT.RAW if / when I am successful.

I cant see an option to not give an input file, so I assume I need one.

Thanks in advance.
    Dale

I believe everything you need is in carwhisperer, to create the raw files. I used it a few weeks (maybe months) ago, and it worked alright.

Anyone got any success stories. I bought a Plantornics M2500 headset that is known to be vulnerable to test this in the lab, and no joy.

So wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if in fact the headset wasnt vulnerable.

Thanks in advance.
    Dale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast