Thread: BT3 on a TX2510us

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 on a TX2510us

Hello,
    I am currently trying to get BT3 to load up on my hp Tablet. Loading from USB drive. From what I can tell it seems to be miss-reading the thermal information and shutting down prematurely. I can get in by disableing ACPI, however as most of you know that leaves me in a futile position. Given my relative nubness to Slax and BT, I was wondering if there is a way to disable the thermal module while still having a opperable system.

Just burned his ISO

I'm in the same boat as you. I read up on it over at the Ubuntu forums and they seem to have a few fixes for it, but none of them have worked for me.

They recommended blacklisting thermal, or modprobe.d/options file editing so the thermal paramaters are turned off. Finially they suggested to remove it thermal from the kernal. problem with all these is taht they using a more recent kernal than BT3 uses and i dont think BT3 has the required files.

I'll keep searching though.

Edit:

Okay, going by the Ubuntu thread, What needs to be done is to blacklist "thermal" in "modprobe.d/blacklist" (add line "blacklist thermal" to the bottom.) For them that fixed it. They also removed the thermal module from the kernel (see Astronomy's post).

Now none of this is working for me. BT3 doesn't have "thermal.ko" to remove from the kernel, and blacklisting it doesn't do anything. I'm stuck, short of a kernel update I don's know how to fix it. Maybe one of the more senior members can catch something I've missed.

hxxp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=873188

Just burned his ISO

So would updating the kernal fubar BT3? Cause if we update it to a more recent kernal, maybe the kernel.ko module will be included and we can remove it from the kernal via the steps listed in the ubuntu thread.

Just burned his ISO

So question to the BT wisemen. So there must be somewhere in the kernal telling the OS to shut down cause things are getting to hot. Now in Ubuntu this exists in the thermal.ko module. BT3 doesn't have this module and so that workaround is extremely unhelpful. Does anyone know where in the kernal the ACPI controls are in BT3? Just a general area would be great.

If it cant be located we could try updating the kernal to a more recent one (that has the thermal.ko module so we can remove it, ironic isn't it) . Although some searching seems to indicate that this may fubar some of the wireless wonderfullness of BT3.