Thread: how to overcome wireless mac address filter.

Just burned his ISO

Smile how to overcome wireless mac address filter.

1. Hi i have using my linksys wireless AP as a learning tools, so i have configure it to WEP 64bit.

I have success crack this password using airodump-ng, aireplay-ng...

2. Now i add more security is i add to wireless mac address filter, so i configure this wireless AP with WEP 64bit, and enable mac address filter i just put allow only one MAC address(which is not my wifi adaptor MAC address).

This time i try to crack wep password using just now method,but unsuccess. may i know have what method to overcome wireless MAC address filter?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tiong View Post
    This time i try to crack wep password using just now method,but unsuccess. may i know have what method to overcome wireless MAC address filter?

Thank you.
    You will need to spoof your MAC address to match on of the in the filter allowed ones. You can easily do this using the macchanger tool. The command you need to use is:
    Code:
    macchanger –-mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 eth1
    Replace the MAC with one of the allowed ones and eth1 with your wireless interface.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Smile do not know the allow MAC address, how to spoof?

Hi Tron, we do not know the allow "MAC address" assign on that wireless AP, so cannot do the MAC address spoofing right?So we must wait a chance when the valid client connect to that AP than using airodump to see the client MAC address?

1. status: wireless AP( WEP64, MAC filter only allow one MAC).
    a. If now don't have valid client connect to that AP is it posible to crack,because cannot doing MAC spoofing?

b. If now have a valid client connect to that AP, than at the same time is it posible to spoofing our MAC to that valid client MAC(i have try but system hang??), or just record down the valid client MAC than wait until this valid client disconnect from AP than we start CRACK?

c. or have any good method?

Thank you so much Tron, from begin u teach me so much until now thank u very much...

1. Hi i have using my linksys wireless AP as a learning tools, so i have configure it to WEP 64bit.

I have success crack this password using airodump-ng, aireplay-ng...

2. Now i add more security is i add to wireless mac address filter, so i configure this wireless AP with WEP 64bit, and enable mac address filter i just put allow only one MAC address(which is not my wifi adaptor MAC address).

Thank you.
    Hi Tron, we do not know the allow "MAC address" assign on that wireless AP, so cannot do the MAC address spoofing right?So we must wait a chance when the valid client connect to that AP than using airodump to see the client MAC address?

1. status: wireless AP( WEP64, MAC filter only allow one MAC).
    a. If now don't have valid client connect to that AP is it posible to crack,because cannot doing MAC spoofing?

b. If now have a valid client connect to that AP, than at the same time is it posible to spoofing our MAC to that valid client MAC(i have try but system hang??), or just record down the valid client MAC than wait until this valid client disconnect from AP than we start CRACK?

c. or have any good method?

Thank you so much Tron, from begin u teach me so much until now thank u very much...
    Which out of those two statements I have highlighted in red is it ?

From what you have said, it is your router, you have enabled MAC filtering and added a MAC address to that filter.
    Yet you don't know what MAC address is in the allowed list as you don't know it.

How can you not know it if you set it ?

Just burned his ISO

Smile

*****sory, my mean is i know what "allow MAC address" i put on my wireless's AP, lets said is 11:22:33:44:55:66, but just learning how to crack if this wireless's AP is other person, than sure we dont know the "allow MAC address" so how to crack it?

thank you reply me...

*****sory, my mean is i know what "allow MAC address" i put on my wireless's AP, lets said is 11:22:33:44:55:66, but just learning how to crack if this wireless's AP is other person, than sure we dont know the "allow MAC address" so how to crack it?

thank you reply me...
    As you say the easiest way would be to wait around for an allowed client to connect to the AP, at which point you would know one valid MAC. It is also possible to bruteforce the MAC using MDK3, but this will be rather time consuming.

As you need to be associated to the AP, which you need a valid MAC to be able to do, for injecting packets there is no work around to this. It is however also possible to crack a WEP encryption without injecting, thereby relying on the traffic generated by connected clients. But this method will be much slower, and in case there are clients connected you will know an allowed MAC anyway.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you.
    step by step crack mac address... follow this link imanlinuxer.blogspot.com/2008/04/firewall-with-iptables.html

Quote Originally Posted by iman354 View Post
    step by step crack mac address... follow this link imanlinuxer.blogspot.com/2008/04/firewall-with-iptables.html
    A tutorial, not even written in English, showing how to install and use macchanger can hardly be categorized as a step by step guide for cracking a MAC address.

I think what he is tring to say is, lets say you dont know which macs addresses are allowed, how do you get to find them out? Airodump should do that, as you wait for a client to connect, then spoof that.

Question, what if you spoof the AP mac address?

Quote Originally Posted by chuksjonia View Post
    Question, what if you spoof the AP mac address?
    You mean that what would happen if you could change the MAC address of your wireless AP? Well, nothing revolutionary at least, the only change would be that a different BSSID would be broadcasted for the router and that one could not determine the manufacturer simply by glancing at the first few characters of the MAC.

EDIT: Or do you mean that you would use the MAC of the AP and try to connect using this? This method would anyhow not help you bypass a MAC filter as there is no reason for allowing the MAC of the AP in the filter.