Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: were is the option to install back track 3?

Just burned his ISO

Question were is the option to install back track 3?

i am trying to duel boot between xp and back track i have a new hard drive and want to install BT3 to it but cant find the option on backtrack to do this?

the fourth post in this exact section tells you !!
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

Quote Originally Posted by m1cha3l View Post
    the fourth post in this exact section tells you !!
    That would require searching though.....
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

i have already read that but was wondering if that applies to me because i want to use a second hard drive and not change any thing on my old one

Quote Originally Posted by foxecks View Post
    i have already read that but was wondering if that applies to me because i want to use a second hard drive and not change any thing on my old one
    There is no installer on Back|Track3 period.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I know that, just want to know how to install back track on a completely different hard drive
    and was wondering if the "how to" instructions apply to me just because i don't want to mess with my original hard drive that has xp on it. All i want to know is were i can find out how to install back track on a second hard drive just point me in the right direction what can i read on how to do this all that i am asking is if someone can point me in the right direction

Banned

I think this will help you to install BT on HDD

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...94&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by foxecks View Post
    I know that, just want to know how to install back track on a completely different hard drive
    and was wondering if the "how to" instructions apply to me just because i don't want to mess with my original hard drive that has xp on it. All i want to know is were i can find out how to install back track on a second hard drive just point me in the right direction what can i read on how to do this all that i am asking is if someone can point me in the right direction

The same way you would install it on any other hard-drive, but with the appropriate naming conventions....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    The same way you would install it on any other hard-drive, but with the appropriate naming conventions....
    I typed in "mount" and only one came up if this is even it this is the name of the hard drive that came up "dev/hdb on mnt/hdb" how can i find out if this is the one that has xp on it and how can i find the hard drive that i am looking for?
    also this is what i did when i just got the internal hard drive i plugged it in i was booted in xp at the time and i selected to use it as storage because i did not want to replace my original HD and that was what it was telling me it was going to do, dose this even matter?
    What can i do or read to find the second HD

remove the second hard drive and install BT on the one with the XP Partition I would assume, that way you don't have to worry about the second drive. Then just put it back in when you have it installed. I don't know how you intend to install it though... you still have to use the BT installer, which doesn't exist in BT3...
    "You're only smoke and mirrors..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast