Thread: Stuck on step five of a tutorial

Just burned his ISO

Default Stuck on step five of a tutorial

Hi Lads/Ladies

I have been following steve8x's guide to Create bt3 live cd with latest rt73 drivers.

forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=17135

I am stuck on step 5. Ive pm'd steve8x but im not sure if he still logs in as he only has 16 posts.

I enter this command

bt base # dir2lzm /xtractedmodule lib.lzm

and get

Warning, assure the following permissions are set intentionally:
    -rw------- 1 root root 173104 Jun 11 13:58 /xtractedmodule/lib/modules/2.6.21.5/extra/truecrypt.ko
    prw------- 1 root root 0 Jun 11 13:58 /xtractedmodule/lib/udev/devices/initctl
    crw-r----- 1 root root 108, 0 Jun 11 13:58 /xtractedmodule/lib/udev/devices/ppp
    rm: cannot remove `lib.lzm': Read-only file system
    Could not open regular file for writing as destination: Read-only file system
    error building compressed image

How can i get past this? im using the live cd, have tried putting th iso onto usb but the instructions ive followed dont work (it wont boot).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JETP1L0T View Post
    I enter this command

bt base # dir2lzm /xtractedmodule lib.lzm

and get

Warning, assure the following permissions are set intentionally:
    -rw------- 1 root root 173104 Jun 11 13:58 /xtractedmodule/lib/modules/2.6.21.5/extra/truecrypt.ko
    prw------- 1 root root 0 Jun 11 13:58 /xtractedmodule/lib/udev/devices/initctl
    crw-r----- 1 root root 108, 0 Jun 11 13:58 /xtractedmodule/lib/udev/devices/ppp
    rm: cannot remove `lib.lzm': Read-only file system
    Could not open regular file for writing as destination: Read-only file system
    error building compressed image
    Should be rather obvious from the error output, you do not have write permissions to the destination where you are trying to create the lzm file. Most likely you are trying to save it on the live CD and not a partition from your HD that is write enabled.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks Tron, yeah i assuemed it was trying to write to cd, but they are the instructions to make the iso, so i dont know what to do now...

Going to try make another bootable usb that way writig wont be a problem (hopefully)

Steve8x is also on the hak5 forums and might be easier to contact him there for help getting this to work. I see him online all the time, and he posts on their forum probably more than he visits here.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks champ i'll try track him down