Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP - Escalate privilege in (well configured) Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Many of those kinds of locks are easily opened just by applying pressure against the mechanism and turning the tumblers until you feel one catch and then move onto the next one. Most of them have fairly loose tolerances and make it pretty easy to open in just a couple of minutes.
    That is absolutely true. I remember when one of my friends got the great idea to lock up his brand new bicycle using an expensive heavy metal chain and a pretty standard combination padlock. He however re-thought this setup pretty quickly after I shoved him how to open the padlock in a few seconds using exactly this method.

You can usually tell which combination padlocks are vulnerable to this method simply by looking at them. If the tumblers look loose to the eye, chances are that the tolerances are large enough for nearly anyone to be able to feel out the correct combination.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    This is what I use when I need to escalate physical privileges.
    ahh looks nice, I would use this though:

offcourse it may raise some suspicion

Just burned his ISO

Hi guys,

Thank you for all help.

I was not aware of this "beer can", it is really incrediable!

It worked (took some time, but worked). Amazing!

I seen in the same site tricks to open MasterLocks, but they also say it doesn't work in new versions. Also I seen on internet (link broken) a tool that calculate the numbers for you. All very nice and different for me.

Someone know a good site with this tricks for begginers like me? Maybe with videos of build and lockpick different locks?

In special....

- Someone know where a non USA guy can by via internet a kit like this MPSX-32?

- Someone know any tricks to unlock padlocks approved by TSA (using Keys)?

- A working link to this program able to calcule MasterLock combination and a explanation about how to use it?

Links are very welcome.

Lolll, I'm changing BackTrack forum into a Lockpicking forum o.O

Thanks

cya

Smile

Flex your Google'fu and look for the "MIT Guide To Lockpicking", its written by 'Ted the Tool' and although its 10-15yrs old now it explains the theory and practice of lockpicking in a easily understandable way. Its a bit hard to find but well worth it as it will explain so much to you.

I can't help you with anywhere to buy lock-picks, but they are easy to make once you understand what is actually going on inside the lock, my best picks are 'modified' dentists scrappers,wire from inside pipe cleaners and a Oral-B electric toothbrush with a customised end......

TT

ps: its not suprising that many forum members are interested, lockpicking and 'hacking' share many of the same skills and thought processes.

look up the following organizations: Toolnl, ssdev, Locksport International, Toool US, and NDE magazine. Some of them sell tools and have additional information.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    Flex your Google'fu and look for the "MIT Guide To Lockpicking", its written by 'Ted the Tool' and although its 10-15yrs old now it explains the theory and practice of lockpicking in a easily understandable way. Its a bit hard to find but well worth it as it will explain so much to you.
    A nice little bedtime read, Thanks for the lead Talkie

Just burned his ISO

I've only ever seen a PC locked when it was in a government agency. I'm surprised.

I'll admit I never read the entire thread if you mentioned if the company in question is government

what ports are actually accessable? on the front and back? (and then what ports can you utilize in windows?)

err.. nvm... you said they are all locked with the padlock... I get it now...

but if they are all locked why are you asking about firewire?

I am very surprised no one has mentioned this yet but download the .ISO for Helix. Create the Helix bootable CD and insert it into the CD-ROM drive. Helix will automatically run from inside the Windows environment, in addition to being a run-time distribution. http://www.e-fense.com/helix/Updates.html

Using Helix you can crack the local admin password and try to use that to escalate your privileges on other machines in the network.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy80 View Post
    what ports are actually accessable? on the front and back? (and then what ports can you utilize in windows?)

err.. nvm... you said they are all locked with the padlock... I get it now...

but if they are all locked why are you asking about firewire?
    Most likely all the ports are accessible, the only thing the padlock prevents him from doing is opening up the actual computer chassis.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaKahuna View Post
    I am very surprised no one has mentioned this yet but download the .ISO for Helix. Create the Helix bootable CD and insert it into the CD-ROM drive. Helix will automatically run from inside the Windows environment, in addition to being a run-time distribution. http://www.e-fense.com/helix/Updates.html

Using Helix you can crack the local admin password and try to use that to escalate your privileges on other machines in the network.
    If I am not mistaken the Helix server will need administrator privileges in order to run under Windows. As the OP does not have this, and is not able to boot from the live-CD either, Helix most likely will not provide any help.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast