Thread: Help with Metasploit

Just burned his ISO

Default Help with Metasploit

Please can you help, I've just started trying to use framework 3.1
    After reading the pdf manual and checking out various blogs google etc and setting up a test xp sp2 box that has not been patched no firewall etc, I tested the box with nessus which pointed out various holes one being the smb flaw.

The point where im getting confused is the setting up of an open port my end "ie LHOST" and "LPORT" . when you launch an attack does meta open these ports as part of the process or do i have to do this manually and if so "HOW" also can i use my own ip or do i need to set up another as sometimes meta reports " cant run exploit ip already in use or port already in use"
    Thanks P

Just burned his ISO

metasploit will open them for you. The attacking bx is the LHOST and the port you want to work from is the LPORT.

Developer

"cant run exploit ip already in use or port already in use"

This happens because you are running the exploit over and over again with the same post. Once the socket/bind connection is made you have to manually kill it on the attacking computer or choose anther port for the victim to connect to.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    "cant run exploit ip already in use or port already in use"

This happens because you are running the exploit over and over again with the same post. Once the socket/bind connection is made you have to manually kill it on the attacking computer or choose anther port for the victim to connect to.
    can i kill the bind manually with ps

kill it with the jobs command