Thread: Hangs when booting

Default Hangs when booting

I was booting Bt3 Final from a disc onto my MacBook Pro using rEFIt and it worked perfectly. But for some unknown reason, it now decides to hang when booting. It says:

Code:
    Loading /boot/vmlinuz...................................................................
    Loading /boot/initrd.gz.......
    It will hang like that for about 20 minutes, then it'll load into the boot screen and I select the first option, KDE I think. Then it will either load, slowly, or error again, with an error that I forget. Anyone know why it is hanging and/or how I can speed it up?

Check the md5 sum of your iso file first. If it doesnt match the one posted on the remote-exploit download page then that could be the source of the errors. Thus you'd need to redownload it.

You may want to try some of the cheat codes when booting. When you are at the screen where you can choose KDE or Flux or whatever else, try hitting tab and adding a cheat code to the end. You can find the cheat codes in the wiki I believe.

my install also did this,
    all i had to do was to re-partition pen drive, re installed back track, and boots in vesa mode okay now...

Good friend of the forums