Thread: Error nosuch a file or permission denied

Hybrid View

Default Error nosuch a file or permission denied

why most of the thing i do it keep telling me no such a file or permission denied i follow tutorial to get new kernel or so many thing that i try

You are being very vague.

No such file could mean you don't have such files on your system or that a binary you want to execute is not under your $PATH.

Permission denied has to do with file mode, check man chmod.

You are probably missing kernel source and you are trying to do it all with user login.

Default missing kernel source

[how do i sort out my missing kernel source, i been searching alomst any wensite trying to learn backtrack, but not much help, i been searching on linux site, Ubuntu-based, Fedora-based, Slackware-based, i have been sending message on the net but not many people asnwer my question. getting fed up with it no sound on lenovo 3000 n200, getting error message like permission denied, no command found, no such file in directory, will please show me the way or advice me for some usefull site thank you

QUOTE=hatake_kakashi;96999]You are being very vague.

No such file could mean you don't have such files on your system or that a binary you want to execute is not under your $PATH.

Permission denied has to do with file mode, check man chmod.

You are probably missing kernel source and you are trying to do it all with user login.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by mahabad1972 View Post
    how do i sort out my missing kernel source, i been searching alomst any wensite trying to learn backtrack, but not much help, i been searching on linux site, Ubuntu-based, Fedora-based, Slackware-based, i have been sending message on the net but not many people asnwer my question. getting fed up with it no sound on lenovo 3000 n200, getting error message like permission denied, no command found, no such file in directory, will please show me the way or advice me for some usefull site thank you
    Dwn:
    http://www.offensive-security.com/kernel.lzm
    (save to root)
    lzm2dir kernel.lzm /
    Your RW Permission problem would be solved