Thread: Social Engineering with backtrack - assistance needed

Good friend of the forums williamc's Avatar

Default Social Engineering with backtrack - assistance needed

OWASP is releasing "Spear-Phishing" for their live CD:
    http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=161965

I was thinking Backtrack should have this functionality. I started with a postfix installation and then installed Apache. The goal is to harvest email accounts from a website, take those email addresses and put them into a mass mailer with a spoofed sender. The body of the email would contain a link to a fake login portal for the company, hosted on the local apache installation.

Today I successfully installed Postfix and Apache, as well as configured the postfix installation. I have my phishing email script ready as well. What I would like is for other Backtrack users interested in adding phishing functionality to help with the documentation. Specifically, a seamless Postfix installation with dependencies in the form of a tutorial.

I'll be putting together a tutorial on how to perform the phishing, so any help is appreciated in documenting the prerequisites. Thanks.

William

Good friend of the forums williamc's Avatar

Well, I was incorrect in assuming my postfix installation was functional. There seems to be a problem with the mySQL backend. This may be functionality that the developers of Backtrack can consider for the next release. I was able to get this working on an Ubuntu installation, as their repositories did all the configuration for me.

I'll continue to work on it, but I would greatly appreciate any help from the community in getting postfix working on Backtrack! Thanks.

William

I'll look into it tonight buddy. Will get back to you on what I find asap....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill