Thread: Anybody have some good slapt-get sources?

Default Anybody have some good slapt-get sources?

I only have a few, can't find any good ones online. I'm searching for xmms plugins, in particular, xmms-oggre and xmms-modplug. I found audacious-plugins package, which had a few, but it didn't have modplug. What I'm really trying to do is play .umx files from the unreal soundtrack. I heard the modplug plugin for xmms enables this. So what is the difference between audacious and xmms? Also, when using gslapt, is upgrading a good idea, like I upgraded xmms. I think someone once told me that it's safer to uninstall and then install the newer version as opposed to upgrading. Also, again, I find that some of the packages I download ask for glibc-solibs, which is excluded by gslapt. I heard that this was just a bug and that it will be fixed with the next version of gslapt.

I'm trying out new stuff so I used slapt-get --install glibc-solibs and it's downloading. I'm gonna try and install to see if it fixes those other errors which calll for glibc-solibs. I don't know why gslapt has glibc-solibs as excluded while slapt-get allows me to download it. Anyhow, we'll see what happens, crossing my fingers hehe.

Fast-Track has a good set of mirrors, although I've found slackpkg to have a huge list:

Slackpkg:
    Code:
    hxxp://sourceforge.net/projects/slackpkg/
    The list is way too big to post. If you install slackpkg you will find the full list of mirrors under /usr/bin/slackpkg/mirrors

Enjoy!
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Default example.slapt-getrc file

and have a look at example.slapt-getrc file it can be found at /usr/doc/slapt-get-*.*.***/example.slapt-getrc.

the *'s will corispond to your version of slapt-get

Th4n|<$ B3 4
    Kurt_Kabayan
    noobies backtrack community :D