Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restart Remotly a Router

Just burned his ISO

Default Restart Remotly a Router

It's possible to restart a router remotly without that scripting that we have to enter the router password & username?

Only make to restart the router.

Thx

Don't think you will receive much help without even providing the model of the router in question. However, I guess writing a script to telnet/SSH into the router and executing the restart command would be fairly trivial. Provided that the router actually does support these options that is. Start with manually logging in to the router in this manner and rebooting it, while recording all the needed command for this. After this do some reading up on bash scripting and I am sure that you will be able to write a script yourself.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Don't think you will receive much help without even providing the model of the router in question. However, I guess writing a script to telnet/SSH into the router and executing the restart command would be fairly trivial. Provided that the router actually does support these options that is. Start with manually logging in to the router in this manner and rebooting it, while recording all the needed command for this. After this do some reading up on bash scripting and I am sure that you will be able to write a script yourself.
    I believe he/she wanted to know if there was a non-scripting route to this....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    I believe he/she wanted to know if there was a non-scripting route to this....
    I interpreted the question as that the OP wanted a way to automate the process, but after re-reading the post I think you are right in your assumption. But, if it is a way to remotely restart the router that you want without knowing/entering the password this would be harder. It is however possible to overload some wireless routers using MDK3, but I am not sure if this will cause them to soft reboot or simply lock down.

Just burned his ISO

My mistake, sorry for my bad english.

The router version is a Linksys WRT54GS, i want to make a remote restart to the router without enter the pass and username.

Maybe is impossible, isn't it?

Thx

My wifi routers are POE, so I just unplug and plug in the ethernet cord at the switch. Instant reboot.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My wifi routers are POE, so I just unplug and plug in the ethernet cord at the switch. Instant reboot.
    Starting to sound like the OP wants to restart someone else's router so not sure if this will help him.
    Quote Originally Posted by mesclete View Post
    ...i want to make a remote restart to the router without enter the pass and username.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by mesclete View Post
    My mistake, sorry for my bad english.

The router version is a Linksys WRT54GS, i want to make a remote restart to the router without enter the pass and username.

Maybe is impossible, isn't it?

Thx
    um pretty sure thats impossible unless you somehow DOS the router and force it to reboot. Anyway this is starting to sound fishy.

After this do some reading up on bash scripting and I am sure that you will be able to write a script yourself.
    Tron what language are you talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    Tron what language are you talking about here?
    Bash scripting, also known as shell scripting. If you are unfamiliar with this there are numerous great guides on the subject to be found through google, e.g. this one:
    http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO...tro-HOWTO.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast