Thread: Need Help with HD partitioning/Wiping/chkdsk

Just burned his ISO

Default Need Help with HD partitioning/Wiping/chkdsk

Hey Guys,

I'm kinda a noob so please bare with me. Im running BK3 off a usb on a toshiba laptop. I have already cracked WEP's thanks to Xploitz (you the man). Anyway, heres my problem, I have a laptop with the BSOD , and i would like to load BK3 onto that laptop , and transfer the data from the crapped HD to an external one. I would then like to format that HD so that I can re-install windows on it, or run a chkdsk on it to fix it.

1) First I need help partitioning my external one touch HD From NFTS --> FAT32 . I have read a thousand post on this , not one clearly explained how to use nf3tg or wtvr....

2) I have searched and could not find how to format a drive through linux or better yet run a chkdsk on that HD. I'd much prefer the latter if possible.

So here are my dillema's , and if i have reposted some issues i apologize , but although Im a newb in BK3 i did try and do hours of research for this stuff but came up short. Any help is much appreciated. You guys really rock!

BK3 Rules!

2. to format use qtparted, nice little gui partioner included in bt3. TO use type qtparted in a terminal.

1. once you have wiped all your hard drive, you can use qtparted again to make any partitions you want in your desired format ntfs/fat32 etc

if you get stuck just ask

Just burned his ISO

Default Great tool , but...

Hey thanks for the partition/format tool its really cool. Now can you help me fix the drive so that I don't have to delete windows but rather run a chkdsk on it.

Hey thanks for the partition/format tool its really cool. Now can you help me fix the drive so that I don't have to delete windows but rather run a chkdsk on it.
    option 1:- boot up windows and goto programs/assecories/system tools/ and there should be a program in there that will run chkdsk when you reboot your computer

then when i booted up BT3 qtparted didnt have erros and i was free to partion however i feel like, unfortunately that only happended on one old computer

option 2 - on my new computer i had to wipe windows and start again, actually pretty quick and windows has sped up a lot

option 3 - what is very popular now is too put BT3 on a pen stick and boot from that insead of duel booting