Thread: Wireless card will not work while running linux live cd

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Wireless card will not work while running linux live cd

Hello, ive been searching the forums for a solution to my problem but i haven't seem to come across one. Once linux is booted i can see my network but when i try to connect it fails, and it fails 100% of the time. Also, when I try to launch fake authentication on set network i get an unsuccessful message, again 100% of the time. I've tried fake authentication on my fathers network, my mothers and my grandmothers but the end result is the same, unsuccessful.

My question for you experts is, are these to problem one in the same? and is there away to solve them?

Thank you for your time,

Greg.

Oh and despite my account only being a few days old I've been on this forum for more then a month and seeing is how i was unable to find a solution to my problems, I decided to make an account and post. Thanks again.

Just burned his ISO

check all network settings and post abit more info about ure exact problem..

I suppose the world is suppose to guess the card / chipset you use
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

JMC31337

Default Connect to wireless network

Quote Originally Posted by greg_2390 View Post
    Hello, ive been searching the forums for a solution to my problem but i haven't seem to come across one. Once linux is booted i can see my network but when i try to connect it fails, and it fails 100% of the time. Also, when I try to launch fake authentication on set network i get an unsuccessful message, again 100% of the time. I've tried fake authentication on my fathers network, my mothers and my grandmothers but the end result is the same, unsuccessful.

My question for you experts is, are these to problem one in the same? and is there away to solve them?

Thank you for your time,

Greg.

Oh and despite my account only being a few days old I've been on this forum for more then a month and seeing is how i was unable to find a solution to my problems, I decided to make an account and post. Thanks again.
    Like wyze says more info. See if you cant get started with this, you'll need the following info (card interface ID, essid, channel, and/or rate)
    then from konsole try: (w/o the quotes of course)
    bt# ifconfig == to see what interface your using
    If it is up, DROP IT:
    bt# ifconfig "Interface ID" down
    RESTART IT :
    bt# ifconfig "Interface ID" up
    THEN try:
    bt# iwconfig "Interface ID" channel "channel"
    bt# iwconfig "Interface ID" essid "essid"
    bt# iwconfig "Interface ID" rate "rate"
    then see if dhcp is running with
    bt# pgrep dhcp == to get the Process ID... IF it is running, stop the PID with
    bt# kill "PID"
    re-run the dhcp client
    bt# dhclient "interface ID"
    and see if that helps...