Thread: Live CD issues. Yeah, I'm a N00B.

Just burned his ISO

Question Live CD issues. Yeah, I'm a N00B.

I don't have much experience with linux but I know it's not supposed to hang on the boot.
    It hangs on knoppix booting and gives a low version (like 2.something).

I am using a Toshiba A215 series with 4G ram.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Is there a way to update the iso file to incluse a newer version of knoppix?

Be nice to me. Just cuz I don't know much about live cd doesn't mean I'm a comptard. ~LOL~

Thanks

Have you read the sticky thread? http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9618

Have you tried "cheatcodes"?
    My BT3 will not boot on my acer laptop unless I use some. At the boot screen, scroll to the VESA option, press tab, then type this in after all the other stuff: acpi=off noapic
    The following statement is true:
    The previous statement is false.
    :confused:

Just burned his ISO

Nope, didn't make a difference. I used a different brand of DVD to encode it and it froze at the same point. Right after init-knoppix ver 2.78.

Havent a clue what you mean by cheat codes since it never gets very far into the boot process. Haven't seen a vesa option nor any tabs.

Last time I checked BackTrack isn't knoppix.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Last time I checked BackTrack isn't knoppix.
    Sounds like the live-CD he is trying to run is not Back|Track.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Sounds like the live-CD he is trying to run is not Back|Track.
    Okay, just making sure I wasn't at the wrong forum or anything. Hey Homer, try these guys over here. They should be able to help you out better.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69