Does it inject?
    Cheers.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    Hi
    having same issue as petroglip with sound
    tried alsamixer and alsaconf as above suggestions with no success
    any guidance to what else i could try would be appreciated
    i cant solve this trable - help | i cant believe that i am alone with trab in sound on 901/it doesnt possible/does anybody solve that?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hippocrates View Post
    The end result of the above is a BT3 module that you can just drop into /BT3/optional (add load=901_net_gfx to syslinux.cfg) directory on a USB stick or SD card.

Thanks Vladsmail for the great tutorial on how to do this properly

I've tested this with a clean install of BT3 without persistent changes, with no problems. Obviously if you already have changes with drivers installed, you may run into some conflicts...

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/138927294/901_net_gfx.lzm.html

H
    Did you test the 901_net_gfx.lzm file after uploading it to rapidshare?
    I'm trying to manually insert it, as show in Vladsmail post

Code:
    # activate 901_net_gfx.lzm
    which gives :
    Code:
    Cannot read module data. corrupted download?
    error inserting module to live filesystem
    (Obviously, I have tried re-downloading it, as well as trying to install it from different media/filesystems,etc.)

This could potentially explain why so many people are having trouble inserting the module after editing syslinux.cfg

Hi Dreamlocked,

I did test the module after upload, and have had a bunch of PMs from people who successfully got it installed on the 901 or other similar machines, so I'm at a loss as to why you are having problems.

(edit) Did some research on this - there appears to be a bug in the BT3 linux live scripts that prevent you using activate / uselivemod - essentially the muount command which gets executed on the module does not understand that the file system is squashfs so the command fails. you will get the same error trying to mount any squashfs module at runtime. Check your dmesg log after you try to activate the module to see the errors...

Fix details for this are here:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=16157

Alternatively, you can just unpack the module into root with "lzmtodir MODULENAME /". If you have persistent changes you should then reboot and be fine. Alternatively just include the module at boot using syslinux.cfg... this definitely works.

All the syslinux problems I've seen posted so far seem to be simple errors in the boot command line, or from running xconf before starting the GUI, which blows away the necessary modified xorg.conf

Have you tried actually unpacking the module to get the files inside? I don't know that much about how modules are loaded at runtime - can they include drivers and such?

I finally have some time to work on this some more - I'm going to add some more drivers and also update the kernel, and then hopefully post another module.

H

Quote Originally Posted by hippocrates View Post
    The end result of the above is a BT3 module that you can just drop into /BT3/optional (add load=901_net_gfx to syslinux.cfg) directory on a USB stick or SD card.

Thanks Vladsmail for the great tutorial on how to do this properly

I've tested this with a clean install of BT3 without persistent changes, with no problems. Obviously if you already have changes with drivers installed, you may run into some conflicts...

http://rapidshare.com/files/13892729...t_gfx.lzm.html

H
    TNX!!
    this works on the new series of the aspire one models namned 531 (731), changes from previous aspire one models is 10,1" led panel, 6-7 hour battery life and slimmer.

as in post #11 drop the 901_net_gfx.lzm in /BT3/optional and edited the syslinux.cfg to look like this and you will have full 1024x600 desktop.

LABEL pchanges
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode with Persistent Changes
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x311 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw changes=/dev/sdb2 load=901_net_gfx autoexec=kdm

LABEL xconf1
    MENU LABEL BT3 aspire one without Persistent Changes
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=785 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw load=901_net_gfx autoexec=kdm

before this fix I had to use "fixvesa" at startup and then it was only at 800x600.

/micked

Just burned his ISO

Hello,

I've been using your 901 Driver Package and it works great, except VGA Output which doesn't work at all. I did dump your xorg.conf there and rebooted the pc serval times, had also the analog Input of the Monitor Connected, but still... as soon as KDM loads, I don't see any picture anymore. And Iegdgui also tells me I only got one Monitor, SecondDisplay is grey...

Could someone help me out please?

Thanks,

Xeno

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345