Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing BT3 on the eee 901 with drivers, part I

The end result of the above is a BT3 module that you can just drop into /BT3/optional (add load=901_net_gfx to syslinux.cfg) directory on a USB stick or SD card.

Thanks Vladsmail for the great tutorial on how to do this properly

I've tested this with a clean install of BT3 without persistent changes, with no problems. Obviously if you already have changes with drivers installed, you may run into some conflicts...

http://rapidshare.com/files/13892729...t_gfx.lzm.html

H

Just burned his ISO

thats awesome!Amazing work dude

can you please explain how we should add this line
    load=901_net_gfx ? open it(syslinux.cfg) with notepad and place it at the bottom and thats it?

thanks again

If it wasnt you i wouldnt have tried backtrack

You add it to the end of the line you are using to boot BT3 in syslinux.cfg, e.g. the first line. Check out Vladsmail's tutorial on BT3 modularity for as much detail as you could ever need on this subject.

Just burned his ISO

LABEL xconf1
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (KDE)
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw autoexec=xconf;kdm load=901_net_gfx

Like that?

Which mode should i use?vesa,kde,Experimental? Compiz works btw?

And what about wpa_supplicant?its aks me when i try to configure the network

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

thanks

so, am i right when i say the syslinux.cfg lines should look like this?

Code:
    LABEL pchanges
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode with Persistent Changes
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw changes=/changes/slaxsave.dat autoexec=xconf;kdm load=901_net_gfx
    i hope so

(sorry for my broken english)

Grokla

More like

APPEND vga=785 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw load=901_net_gfx
    for a configuration without persistent changes.

Don't run xconf, as you will blow away the custom xorg.conf in the module. Just run startx after you log in.

Read through the first part of this tutorial if you want persistent changes, and check out Vladsmail's tutorials on BT3 modules for more understanding of this area.

Can't make it any simpler than that - there is a lot of detailed info on this forum about this topic...

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up This lzm works with Acer's Aspire One

How awesome is this?

Hip,

I am a veteran linux user and saw the trouble you went thru to get this working.. good job. That being said it didnt look like it would be that fun So I tested out your backtrack3 eee901 module with my acer aspire one (aspire uses intel950 vs the 945) so I knew it might work. And it does!

So far everything looks good!

good job sir.

ril3y

Thanks! Good to hear - I'm happy if it works at all, let alone works on other hardware at this point in my Linux career :-)

Let me know if you figure out the problems with DRI, although I'm starting to think it's Intel's drivers that are at fault. Either that or the whole kernel needs updating :-(

Just burned his ISO

agree great tute works fine on the eeepc 1000H/XP
    thanks

Just burned his ISO

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hippocrates View Post
    The end result of the above is a BT3 module that you can just drop into /BT3/optional (add load=901_net_gfx to syslinux.cfg) directory on a USB stick or SD card.

Thanks Vladsmail for the great tutorial on how to do this properly

I've tested this with a clean install of BT3 without persistent changes, with no problems. Obviously if you already have changes with drivers installed, you may run into some conflicts...

H
    Hi,

Thanks for all your hard work hippocrates!!

Could you please specify in more detail the exact steps in getting this module into the iso and the change in the syslinux.cfg. I can follow instructions but I'm having real difficulties following this as its a little too advanced for me in the current explanation of how to do certain things. I've only been using linux for a week now.

I plan to just have BT3 on a usb stick to run live. I take it I just add your module to the folder you specify and change the cfg somehow and then boot from usb.

Is it this straightforward?

Have you managed to get packet injection working?

Thanks again, you are my new hero!
    Its just a hobby that I picked up in the lobby...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast