Thread: Cannot access usb pendrive - "A security policy in place prevents...?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Cannot access usb pendrive - "A security policy in place prevents...?

...this sender from sending this message to this recipient"

Is there a simple fix for this - I tried using "mount" but got another error something like "not a block device" -
    Anyone else seen this?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m=ec2 View Post
    ...this sender from sending this message to this recipient"

Is there a simple fix for this - I tried using "mount" but got another error something like "not a block device" -
    Anyone else seen this?

thanks
    What kind of drive is it? What os are you trying to mount it on?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

The problem is most likely the HAL dameon. If you are running as root it may not be starting properly and if you created a new use you need to make sure the user is part of the plugdev group.

This happens to me all the time. All I have to do is hit the "refresh" and it mounts properly. Maybe it's a problem with the timing of the mount.

This didn't happen in BT2.

eXoskeleton

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    This happens to me all the time. All I have to do is hit the "refresh" and it mounts properly. Maybe it's a problem with the timing of the mount.

This didn't happen in BT2.
    x2 that
    I tought it might be a compatibility issue with my hardware , seems its not.. anyway not a big issue and a easy fix ^^