Thread: Backtrack 3 - Compatability Toshiba L305D-S5881?

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 3 - Compatability Toshiba L305D-S5881?

I am wondering if anyone has tried running BT3 on the Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5881?

It has an AMD Turion 64 X2 chip in it, running 3GB RAM, and has an Atheros wireless driver.

Has anyone used this machine with BT3 and has it worked or has anyone seen or heard of problems?

I know that 32bit apps can run on 64bit platforms, but i have never tried this with OSs.

Thanks in advance.

Good friend of the forums

I have a thred going on the same deal I think
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=16296

Just burned his ISO

Looking at your post it is very similar, the one you have posted about is the L305D-S587, I could not find that model, but if you are talking about the L305D-S5877, then there are some major similarities.

The only difference that I could find was the processor type, Intel = S5877 AMD = S5881

Have you loaded BT3 on your machine for a dual boot setup? or only USB boot?

Good friend of the forums

Well I am going to buy it today

L305D-S5873 ( I missed the 3 on the end )

Anyway I am going to try acpi=off and hope for the best if not I have to just install my own distro and add the tools I need etc ...

I will update this thread if I figure out what the problem is. I may be able to get more info after I get the laptop as to why it wont boot all the way