The forum doesn't seem to clear on this so i hope this helps....

The HWU8DD Rev.B based on the zydas1211b chipset works out the box on BT3F/BT3B. Monitor,managed,injection all fine. it appears as eth1 (on my lappy anyway, similar on yours) and although Rev.B appears on the bottom of the unit and on the XP install disc bundled in the box it does not appear on the outside of the box itself..... a good guide seems to be the boxes with the 'vista ready' sticker are the rev.B models.

I also have the older version, the plain HWU8DD, with the zydas1211 chip, could never get it to work on BT2 or BT3B. If anyone wants me to test any alternate drivers on it just give me a shout.

I'm not sure on its exact power usage but i know i can run my HWU8DD and a 100m bluetooth dongle from a unpowered hub, not many usb wifi can do that..... i know my 2 linksys ones can't.

p.s. Can someone update the wiki with this one please? After playing with it all week i've found it to be the best usb wifi 'dongle' on sale near me, its only bad point is its size means laptop bags are out the question. I did try the wiki update but i'm having a lack of brain moment.....
its late here and the horrible green/black/white of the wiki is stinging my eyes....

thanks, TT