Thread: Card stopped working

Just burned his ISO

Default Card stopped working

Hello there.
    Just a quick question....
    Is it possible to damage a card by injecting packets?
    The reason i ask is my card was working fine....now it don't :-(

Well I don't really know in injecting could harm it, however..
    How is it not working? Is it not working at all, as in.. Not even possible to get a wireless connection?

You could of just fried it, that's very possible. Someone bought a USB dongle on the BT3 wiki (it was a dlink I think) and they said it worked fine the first day, then stopped working completely; it was fried.
    The following statement is true:
    The previous statement is false.
    :confused:

Just burned his ISO

The card will go in to monitor ok. And will inject but the when i look at data for the AP it doesn't change

Quote Originally Posted by ready_freddy View Post
    The card will go in to monitor ok. And will inject but the when i look at data for the AP it doesn't change
    Try a different attack method? Try aircrack-ng -5 for example.
    The following statement is true:
    The previous statement is false.
    :confused:

I am confused by what you are saying. It will run packet injection and the AP wont give you back any IVs? Is that what you are trying to say?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Protocol View Post
    I am confused by what you are saying. It will run packet injection and the AP wont give you back any IVs? Is that what you are trying to say?
    Yes thats exactly what is happening.

Thanks

Ok, with injection I've noticed. If you run like a clientless ARP attack and there are no computers on the router (Wired or wireless) then it wont give me back any traffic at all. If there is a wired computer connected it will generate an ARP update packet and hence get you ARP packets flowing. That is at least from my experience from the router's I've come across.

My advice is try other attacks (Frag attack), or like I did, get another card or computer with BT3 to do a fake auth as well.

Scenario: Me and my brother were trying to crack a network we have in our house and neither of us could get it working individually. But when we both ran a fake auth (with different mac addresses is the key) it would trick the router to thinking multi computers were on the router and would make the ARP packets flow. Then we could crack it in no time.

Hope this helps.