Thread: Help me, no idea where to start :(, chipset RT2500, Ralink

Just burned his ISO

Default Help me, no idea where to start :(, chipset RT2500, Ralink

Hi, I purchased a usb wifi antenna on ebay, you can see it by searching:

Range Extender 37dBm

The chipset is RT2500 from Ralink and I purchased it hoping I would find open networks, but I cant find any. Will I be able to connect to any other WEP network with this, if so, can you guide me, I read and read and I'm still confused with even where to just start, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks for helping out, I cant thank you all enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pepedemonterrey View Post
    Hi, I purchased a usb wifi antenna on ebay, you can see it by searching:

Range Extender 37dBm

The chipset is RT2500 from Ralink and I purchased it hoping I would find open networks, but I cant find any. Will I be able to connect to any other WEP network with this, if so, can you guide me, I read and read and I'm still confused with even where to just start, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks for helping out, I cant thank you all enough.
    You will get no help here connecting to networks that do not belong to you, or to which you have no permission to use.
    Read the forum rules.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

Just burned his ISO

Hi there !

Sorry for using your topic, but it appears I'm searching for RALINK RT2790 Injection drivers, which is near your topic subject.

I've bought a Medion Akoya Mini E1210, wlan chipset is RALINK RT2790.
    I got an USB dongle Zydas ZD1211b working perfectly with Backtrack, but now that I have an integrated WLan RT2790 I'd like to know if there is way to get Monitor / Promiscious mode with this recent chipset.

It works like a charm on Backtrack and Ubuntu with official drivers but I can't find any patched injection drivers to get monitor/promiscious mode.

I'd like to know if somebody got the same card and was able to enter monitor mode with it.

Thanks for reading me, I'm waiting for your reply.