Thread: Tunnel traffic through proxy server (like tor)

Default Tunnel traffic through proxy server (like tor)

Hi all, I have a backtrack/non backtrack question, lets say I was doing a pen test and I wanted to hide my ip address so that I couldn’t be tracked, so lets say I wanted to use tor so that what I am doing would be encrypted and then bounced around the world through several ip address. How would I tell backtrack/other OS’s to tunnel all my traffic from nmap, telnet, metasploit, etc etc through a local proxy server.

and I sorry if my intentions sound malicious, but it has been something that has been bugging me for a while now.

Edit:
    Also, before anyone one says anything, i know tor is not a proxy server... the title of my thread isn't 100% correct, what i mean is tunnel traffic through Privoxy

you can use a tool like socat to push A port through tor, but i dont know of a way to port scan thru it.

so say you wanted to push IRC thru tor. assuming everything else is set up right you'd type

socat TCP4-LISTEN:4242,fork SOCKS4A:localhost:irc.freenode.net:6667,socksport= 9050

then you'll point your IRC connection to localhost:4242

so you "should" be able to scan single ports thru tor that way or try to send an exploit. I honestly havent tried though.

Just burned his ISO

If you're doing a legitimate pen test, why not simply have the customer white list your IP address from their IDS/IPS, and firewall systems?

Furthermore, you need to read up a bit further on NMAP and its capabilities to utilize decoys and idle scan techniques.

Pure genius, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Baraqel View Post
    If you're doing a legitimate pen test, why not simply have the customer white list your IP address from their IDS/IPS, and firewall systems?

Furthermore, you need to read up a bit further on NMAP and its capabilities to utilize decoys and idle scan techniques.
    1. none of that answers his question.

2. what's the fun (or challenge) in getting whitelisted...sheesh.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by __CG__ View Post
    1. none of that answers his question.

2. what's the fun (or challenge) in getting whitelisted...sheesh.
    1) Yes it does.... he's asking about being evasive and I answered his question. Go read about idle scan also known as zombie scans then come back to me with a legitimate response... other than the fact filled smart ass response that served little purpose.

2) I agree, but most companies will white list you when doing an external pen test to test the hosts that host services. They RARELY care to test their IDS/IPS, firewalls, and staff even when we stress they should. If they want those items tested it's for PCI compliance - READ: they have to, not because they want to.

Your response is an indication of your experience in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Baraqel View Post
    1) Yes it does.... he's asking about being evasive and I answered his question. Go read about idle scan also known as zombie scans then come back to me with a legitimate response... other than the fact filled smart ass response that served little purpose.
    no he asked about proxy servers, but he did mention "hiding his IP". So yes you sort of answered his question with idle scanning. But since the title of the thread "Tunnel traffic through proxy server (like tor)" I fail to see how my response was smart ass

2) blah blah blah
    Your response is an indication of your experience in the field.
    yes it is! As is yours of suggesting that every pentest is a PCI compliance check.

Kids, kids. This is the third thread baraqel has contributed so far that has starting building towards a flame war. Coincidence, perhaps, but let's keep it friendly and on topic please. There has been way too much of this lately.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill