Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawking HWGU1 - injection capability?

Cool Hawking HWGU1 - injection capability?

Ok, I have done alot with these forums....dual boot Bt w/ Xp
    Got my wireless card to work, to at least access's some AP's (NOT CRTACKED)

I need some help with organization....
    I am trying to figure what is the next step to cracking WEP and WPA. I have a Hawking HWGU1 wireless card. So do I need to configure this? Or will it work with injection without configuring it? (i doubt it). So just post whatever links, anybody thinks I'll need.
    Post a Hawking configureing link. Which tools are best for me to use for cracking WEP&WAP... airsnort, kisemet....ect.

Just imagine you are knew to BT3 and just bought a wificard and you got it to connect to a unsecure network.

ADMIN EDIT: Thread title changed

Quote Originally Posted by kiloraw View Post
    Ok, I have done alot with these forums....dual boot Bt w/ Xp
    Got my wireless card to work, to at least access's some AP's (NOT CRTACKED)

I need some help with organization....
    I am trying to figure what is the next step to cracking WEP and WPA. I have a Hawking HWGU1 wireless card. So do I need to configure this? Or will it work with injection without configuring it? (i doubt it). So just post whatever links, anybody thinks I'll need.
    Post a Hawking configureing link. Which tools are best for me to use for cracking WEP&WAP... airsnort, kisemet....ect.

Just imagine you are knew to BT3 and just bought a wificard and you got it to connect to a unsecure network.
    your post makes no sense!

you start by saying you have already got your card working then you ask for help??

and is the unsecure network you talk about yours?? I doubt it!!

Here you go Micheal let me clear it up for you.

I have my wireless card working(default) to connect to AP's (public) that have know authentication(WEP&WAP)
    Now I would like some links that are for configuring a HAwking dongle to do injections and capture. I have never used airsnort or any others in BT3. I have used Cain(while ago) on Windows. I am a Windows guy trying to make a cross over.
    It is hard for me to balance school, work, family, and etc. If you are a family man you understand. Searching through the forum takes me longer than actually doing the commands. So I know some of the senior members should have a list of forums to help people with their problems quickly. All I want is to know where is the forum that explains in detail about "how to configure the a Hawking HWUG1 for backtrack to inject and capture."
    Which tool is easiest to use after that. Or what does this tool do, that this one doesn't.
    So do you see what I am saying.
    Hey man, I'm just a guy trying to learn.....like you did.
    Thank you.
    So all I want is links to configureing hawking and some nice tutorials to cracking WEP and WPA. So I can quickly learn

Are you for real? First off read the rules.. Second use google and the search button on the site.. Third the next step for you would be to get off other peoples networks and quit trying to get help to crack networks that are not yours...

Just imagine you are knew to BT3 and just bought a wificard and you got it to connect to a unsecure network and went to jail for it..

edit i just seen what you added

i have 2 kids and a full time job ive never had any problems searching the forums.. its all there no one is gonna spoon feed you...

I read rules. I CONNECT TO A PUBLIC NETWORK FINE!!! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO I INORDER TO CRACK MY NETWORK AT WORK, WHERE I HAVE PERMISSION TO DO SO. DAMN IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ALL. WOULD YOU LIKE A PERMISSION SLIP FROM MY BOSS.
    You know what forget it. If this is how I am met with questions...
    I know my first post was out of whack...but seriously...

your questions would be met with more grace if you actually showed that you put some effort in !!
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

Quote Originally Posted by kiloraw View Post
    I read rules.
    B.S. - If you did, you wouldn't have posted such a low IQ title such as "THis ain't no new topic"
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Kiloraw, please use sensible, descriptive thread titles, as per the forum rules.

Please ask specific questions regarding any specific problem(s) you may be experiencing.

There are many, many guides around both here and the internet generally, reagrding cracking WEp & WPA.

There is no forum, at least that I know of, dedicated to your hawking card and BackTrack.

As far as I am aware, there is no guide written specifically for your particular wireless card alone. Maybe someone else has seen such a thing?

What chipset is your card? Is it on the BackTrack wiki's HCL?
    Does it work with Aircrack, monitor mode and injection, etc? I don't know.....what happened when you tried it?
    What exactly are you attempting?
    What have you tried so far?
    What happened?
    Error messages, etc?

Just burned his ISO

The Hawkings HWUG1 uses the Ralink chipset. To get the usb card to inject properly you have to start off by entering the following in a shell:
    Code:
    modprobe -r rt73
    modprobe rt73
    iwconfig rausb0 mode monitor
    then you use airodump-ng, aireplay-ng, and aircrack-ng to retrieve the WEP key.
    With knowledge, comes great power.
    With power, comes great responsibility.
    With responsibility, comes great wisdom.

Thank you Geek. I apologize to the rest, I know I should have put more of my research into this and explained alot better. I just figured that their was a thread on the Hawking usb since it was on the Backtrack site as a "work out of the box" card and someone might have seen the thread and post it.
    Thank You again Geek.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast