Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: airodump-ng, no clients?

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2

    Red face airodump-ng, no clients?

    Hello

    Im trying to crack my friends(neighbour) network(yes I have permission)
    But im having some problems.

    Im using a tutorial written bij Xploitz
    VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"

    I boot up with the BT3 live cd, and start looking for devices with the command
    airodump-ng wlan0

    I got the bssid of the AP, and I want to use airodump to get clients mac adress
    airodump-ng -c 9 -w dump --bssid <bssid> wlan0

    And it doesnt show any clients, but im sure that there are some wireless cleints connected to the router. Ive tried to check my router too, but no results either.

    I know more people have the same problem, i looked at the topics here, but still cant find the solution.

    hope someone can help me out :-)

    Thanks in advance
    - optiplex

  2. #2
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default

    try using aireplay-ng to associate with the AP u should see yoou own (fake) MAc pop up WEP can be cracked without clients

  3. #3
    Member Apollopimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    120

    Default

    why dont you use spoonwep2.. and if its wpa use spoonwpa.. much easer and less hassel

    you say your useing VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial ..if so you need a client connected to the network if its true that you have permission to crack it tell your friend to get on the network.. doesent sound to hard to me that is if you have permission

  4. #4
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollopimp View Post
    you say your useing VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial ..if so you need a client connected to the network if its true that you have permission to crack it tell your friend to get on the network.. doesent sound to hard to me that is if you have permission
    Yes I do have permission, and I have tested on both routers with 1 computer connected to it.

    Anyway, im gonna test spoonwpa.

    Thanks for the replies
    -optiplex

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by optiplex View Post
    And it doesnt show any clients, but im sure that there are some wireless cleints connected to the router. Ive tried to check my router too, but no results either.
    There are two likely reasons to why you see no clients connected to the AP, well or actually three but the last one is rather obvious and you do state that you are sure that there really are at least one client connected. First of all the AP usually transmits at a much higher power than the clients that are connected and it is also possible that they are further away from you than the AP itself. Therefore it is possible that you simply are not close enough to the clients to be able to pick up their signal. The second possible reason is that the clients are not connected through wireless but using a wired connection instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcode View Post
    try using aireplay-ng to associate with the AP u should see yoou own (fake) MAc pop up WEP can be cracked without clients
    That is true, but as the OP is trying to crack a WPA encrypted AP, which cannot be done without clients, this will hardly help him.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •