Thread: Best USB Wireless Adapter with injection and external Antenna.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Best USB Wireless Adapter with injection and external Antenna.

Hello,

Some questions:

1) Which is the best USB Wireless Adapter with injection that works with BT3? I would use it to crack some WEP and WPA wireless. My wireless adapter isn`t good, the signal is low, so, I want to buy a USB Wireless Adapter with I can bought a external antenna to have a good signal. Suggestions?

2) My wireless card is Broadcom 4312 v.02 and searching in google and remote exploit forum I saw that this wireless adapter doesn`t work with injection to crack WEP, WPA with backtrack 3, right?

Thanks a lot!

There is a massive thread around here, amongst many other threads also covering various opinions on good or bad cards, which should help point you in the right direction, whether you are looking for USB, PCMCIA, Cardbus, MiniPCI or Expresscard based solutions.

You'll probably reach the same conclusion as many others looking for a very good USB based solution.............Alfa 500mW

In future, please attempt to search for a possible solution or answer first, as this can help to reduce repetitive posts in the forums

Just burned his ISO

But remember those 500 mW are only for a mode, b/g is also limited to 100 mW like with other network cards.
    I use this hxxp://logilink.com/showproduct/WL0025.htm product.
    Works with Backtrack 3 and injection when you before you connect it execute:
    modprobe -r rt73
    modprobe rt73 txPowerTuning=30

I like this adapter because it is quite cheep and via USB and of course the external antenna.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by RT2571WF View Post
    But remember those 500 mW are only for a mode, b/g is also limited to 100 mW like with other network cards.
    I use this hxxp://logilink.com/showproduct/WL0025.htm product.
    Works with Backtrack 3 and injection when you before you connect it execute:
    modprobe -r rt73
    modprobe rt73 txPowerTuning=30

I like this adapter because it is quite cheep and via USB and of course the external antenna.
    Hello RT2571WF,

This is very interest, because Alfa here in Brazil is expensive: R$450,00 like $200. So, I would use only b or g and pay more for a thing that I wouldn`t use it`s not good, right?

I visited the link that you post and I`m trying to find this here in Brazil, but It`s difficult. I would search more ok? Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by caram.junior View Post
    Hello RT2571WF,

This is very interest, because Alfa here in Brazil is expensive: R$450,00 like $200. So, I would use only b or g and pay more for a thing that I wouldn`t use it`s not good, right?

I visited the link that you post and I`m trying to find this here in Brazil, but It`s difficult. I would search more ok? Thanks a lot!
    Hi Caram, I found some on ebay:
    hxxp://tinyurl.com/6s7dbd

Quote Originally Posted by RT2571WF View Post
    ..............But remember those 500 mW are only for a mode, b/g is also limited to 100 mW like with other network cards.............
    The 500mW Alfa I have isn't a/b/g - just b/g.......the AWUS036H

Quote Originally Posted by caram.junior View Post
    Thanks Re@lity, I would shearch it. Sorry for the post!
    No problem I meant it from the perspective of receiving more direct or specific assistance.....

Just burned his ISO

The 500mW Alfa I have isn't a/b/g - just b/g.......the AWUS036H
    Yes you're right. It definitively has 500 mW. I had seen such an external WLAN Card which had also a-Mode and only there 500 mW.

As everyone told you, the awus036h is a well known card which is really nice:

-usb
    -rp-sma antenna port
    -chipset fully compatible with mode monitor & injection (realtek rtl8187)

And of course high power and high sensitivity that makes this card THE card for peole like us who want to have the best quality in their wifi signal while using airodump-ng and the aircrack-ng suite.

Do you know the alfa network awus036e? It's a usb card, with a rp-sma port, and the same rtl8187 chipset than the awus036h. The only difference in fact, is that the Tx power is more powerful:

Awus036h max Txpower: 27 dBm
    Awus036e max Txpower: 17 dBm

I tested this card, and it's working well. It costs half the price of an awus036h, but less powerful...
    If you're looking for the best material, there is only thing to know: AWUS036H
    --~ Internet is in the air we are breathing, so it should be free for everyone. We'll get there, just wait and see... ~--

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Resolved!

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    There is a massive thread around here, amongst many other threads also covering various opinions on good or bad cards, which should help point you in the right direction, whether you are looking for USB, PCMCIA, Cardbus, MiniPCI or Expresscard based solutions.

You'll probably reach the same conclusion as many others looking for a very good USB based solution.............Alfa 500mW

In future, please attempt to search for a possible solution or answer first, as this can help to reduce repetitive posts in the forums
    Thanks Re@lity, I would shearch it. Sorry for the post!