Thread: Metasploit's Meterpreter and Event Subscripion Service

Default Metasploit's Meterpreter and Event Subscripion Service

I can get a remote session using meterpreter. Does anyone know the command -- or can it be done, even -- to delete a file on the target machine once you have a meterpreter session running?

and I've also read about something called "event subscription service" in regards to automating actions based on events. Is this a feature only available in the auto_pwn feature? Anyone know about the event subscription system feature?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bulgin View Post
    I can get a remote session using meterpreter. Does anyone know the command -- or can it be done, even -- to delete a file on the target machine once you have a meterpreter session running?
    You can use the execute command to get a remote shell. For example the following commands will give you a remote shell on a Windows machine and start interaction with it:
    Code:
    execute -f cmd -c
    interact 1
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Thanks! That worked!!! I'm happy!!!

Do you know about the "event subscription system" per chance?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulgin View Post
    Thanks! That worked!!! I'm happy!!!

Do you know about the "event subscription system" per chance?

thanks
    I believe that this was a new feature added in Metasploit Framework 3 that would allow modules to stand by and wait for a specific event, at this point it would perform the task it was programmed to. As far as I understand this should make it possible to filter out specific events and automatically perform the exploitation based on them. Never actually tried it out or looked into it any more than this, but I am sure there is plenty of information to be found on the net regarding it.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

For those interested in the event subscription service. I found it is well documented in the developers .pdf file.