Thread: pxe + bt3final live?

Hybrid View

Default pxe + bt3final live?

hi, i was trying to set a server to act as a pxe server, so any host on the net could load bt3 live from ethernet.
    everything worked until i got to the part where i have to set up the bootloader
    (pxe uses syslinux bootloader (isolinux in my case))
    if i set the bootloader to load "vmlinuz" and "initrd.gz" from the boot dir on the BT cd, it works fine until it gets to the part when a host loads "initrd".
    then linuxrc tries to load the main files through local devices, thats when all gets screwed i want to load the files trough the tftp server (i have the BT3 folder from the backtrack iso, on tftp / ). But pxe has allready done its part. There's no way to go back to the tftp server from there...
    any suggestions?

(if u dont know what im talkin about u probably arent familiar with pxe/syslinux, so u cant help me anyway)
    -Google is watching you

-June 1, 2001, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer: "Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches."

Question Try BT2.....

I seem to remember playing with a John the ripper cluster version included with BT2 that used PXE boot, and some remote exploit documentation was available in .pdf form, try google with filetypedf and site:remote-exploit.com until you see it pop up, think the name started jtr......

I think it was only the usb version of BT2 that had PXE boot, but there will be a working file structure configured for BT2 with PXE that you can have a look at and maybe copy or modify.

Good luck! i seem to remember it being a bit of a pest.....

Talkie Toaster