Thread: Intel 5100 aireplay-ng problems

Just burned his ISO

Question Intel 5100 aireplay-ng problems

I am testing security of my own home-wireless

I am using bt4 Live CD drivers. wlan0 works, monitor mode works (wlan0mon on kismet or mon0 on airmon)... airodump works receiving data packets BUT aireplay does not work well.

Fake auth tells "Sending Authentication Request (Open System)" over and over. then "attack unsuccesful". ARP reads tons of packets but got only 8 or 10 ARP and 0 ACK (with luck) and sends tons of packets after a while.

airodump looks like the AP are losing 500 to 1000 packets so probably I am injecting but packets does not reach AP. Higher data/s goes from 0 to 30

What I am doing bad?

This is a really newbie question. It is neccesary to install "special" drivers to inject in bactrack 4 too? Or it comes with that "special" drivers?

Thanks a lot a sorry if my english are not good.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Intel 5100 aireplay-ng problems

i am experiencing a same situation, in fact i got it worked once, cracked a wep on my first time 2 nights ago but not anymore, what happens to me now is exactly as you described.

waiting answers.

What does 'aireplay-ng -9 <interface>' gives you? Are you close enough to the AP?

Just burned his ISO

I am 1 meter away from my router. The test inyections shows 100% first time but when I test it after a -0 or -3 attack me 0%

Really weird isnt it?

EDIT: Double post, sorry
    Last edited by Sayden; 02-18-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Just burned his ISO

I am having the same problem as the topic creator. Ive tried goggle but the links i found best were on the remote-exploit forums and they are down... i am still checking something else, but, is it too much to say that it needs a patch or something? well i can imagine millions of newbies asking everyday can suck but...

Quote Originally Posted by soulazz View Post
    Ive tried goggle but the links i found best were on the remote-exploit forums and they are down...
    I don't know goggle, but you can google "cache:<r-e forums link>" or click on he little "Cached" link below any result you get from google to see the cached page. You may not be able to see images and such, but the important info is there.
    Last edited by Snayler; 02-21-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Thats the same as with Intel 4965, all of that N- draft Intel wireless card have the same problems with autentification and some kind of attacks. Use fake auth by wpa suplicant. These cards have limitations f.e. you will hardly get P0841 Replay Attack to work. Wanna play?, buy some cheap usb raling and problem is solved. Btw i would never stand 1 meter from AP because of saturation. Anyway GL

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Re: Intel 5100 aireplay-ng problems

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    I don't know goggle, but you can google "cache:<r-e forums link>" or click on he little "Cached" link below any result you get from google to see the cached page. You may not be able to see images and such, but the important info is there.
    yes mate, thanks, i know.. but when you open a cached page, and then this page is a topic with 20 other pages containing answers the only page you get cached is the first one... i know we could grab the others using search strings on gOOgle, still its tricky and would require a lot of time.. so if anyone knows the way to put the intel wireless 5100 bgn working on BT4, i would appreacite a link or guidance... I bet a lot of people will... there are a lot of papers about bt2, bt3.. but not BT4 which uses the new .29 kernel... so... =)

Quote Originally Posted by soulazz View Post
    yes mate, thanks, i know.. but when you open a cached page, and then this page is a topic with 20 other pages containing answers the only page you get cached is the first one...
    Actually it's easier than you think. I'll give you an example:
    Go to google and write:
    Code:
    cache:forums.remote-exploit.org/latest-public-release-backtrack4-beta/20194-intel-wireless-wi-fi-5100-card-injection.html
    Now for page 2:
    Code:
    cache:forums.remote-exploit.org/latest-public-release-backtrack4-beta/20194-intel-wireless-wi-fi-5100-card-injection-2.html
    And so on...
    It's really easy, just add the page number to the end and you get that page.

You can also edit the link directly, no need for googling every time you want a new page.

Just burned his ISO

Same problem here...

When you start and type aireplay -9 wlan0 shows the message " the injection is working ", then you try to associated with any AP.
    After the first try, you can 'associate' one time but stops to work....

Someone know/test another driver ?

Tks