Thread: generate passwords from websites?

Just burned his ISO

Default generate passwords from websites?

sorry if this is in wrong area or just a stupid question but please bare with me!
    i was wondering if there was some way or program that could take all the words from a given webpage and put them into a wordlist for using with john the ripper or cowpatty etc
    for example say my friend here in the uk loves the rangers football team and there is a wikipedia page about rangers and there is a possibility a word on this page ( a player etc) is his password could it be possible to scan this page for words ......
    i could just use rainbow tables etc but im testing my friends router with wpa activated and want to use cowpatty with this list if possible
    and yes i have looked on google and everytime i click a link i just get the same free password generator 1.0 from softpedia which isnt what i need
    thanks for any help guys

www.edge-security.com/metagoofil.php

Pretty much exactly what you're looking for my friend. Happy hacking!!!!

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Good friend of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    www.edge-security.com/metagoofil.php

Pretty much exactly what you're looking for my friend. Happy hacking!!!!
    interesting This seems to be more of a meta data tool to pull info about the file and who/where they saved it. I think he wants something like /pentest/password/wyd

you ever mess with the jpg one ? that looks for thumbnails in jpg exif data files? That is how the nude pic was release by that girl on techTV

Developer

I think he wants something like /pentest/password/wyd

hmm.... that's sounds familier. oh yeah! that's because I already sugested it in my first reply.

You can do it with wget and tr.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

thanks for your help guys for your replys,thanks pureh@te that video worked a treat and exactly what i was looking for

Good friend of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    hmm.... that's sounds familier. oh yeah! that's because I already sugested it in my first reply.

Sorry, I did not watch all of the video. In the video he uses wget -r and wyd to generate the list.

for more complicated sites you can use curl of course it has support post and cookies etc..

you can also just dump all firefox cache to it or something like that.