Thread: Bt3 installer script!!!!

Babygirl

Default Bt3 installer script!!!!

strcpy.persiangig.com/files/BT3.kmdr (copy paste into browser, not allowed to post actual links yet)

Simply copy to an empty file, rename it BT3.kmdr, boot to live disc, and drag the new script to the Konsole to run it. You want to do the "real" install, not the live. You may have to edit grub if you dual boot with other Linux distros.

Enjoy!

Default real v live

That script looks good i'm gunna have to give it a go some time.

Although what i came to say was, I just did my first LIVE HDD install and i like it, made partitions fat32, ext2 and swap with part manager, booted usb version extracted bt3final_usb.iso to fat32 ran th bootinst.sh made to usual changes to enable persistent changes and restarted from HDD.

HD install now has all boot options and th pretty boot screen.

From what i've found BT3 seems to run better as a live install (auto mounting in particular) and now to install new apps i just gotta drop .lzm's into modules folder while its in its compressed state.

Slackware just got slacker.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by akintoo View Post
    That script looks good i'm gunna have to give it a go some time.

Although what i came to say was, I just did my first LIVE HDD install and i like it, made partitions fat32, ext2 and swap with part manager, booted usb version extracted bt3final_usb.iso to fat32 ran th bootinst.sh made to usual changes to enable persistent changes and restarted from HDD.

HD install now has all boot options and th pretty boot screen.

From what i've found BT3 seems to run better as a live install (auto mounting in particular) and now to install new apps i just gotta drop .lzm's into modules folder while its in its compressed state.

Slackware just got slacker.

Excellent! Someone finally gets it. And just as side note. if you use one these "installer" scripts and it doesn't work please don't complain to us. PM the author directly. If it were me I would not use this type of thing.

Good friend of the forums

I prefer the USB install but this is a intresting script I never seen a kmdr scirpt before guess its like ncurses but better.

Quote Originally Posted by operat0r View Post
    I prefer the USB install but this is a intresting script I never seen a kmdr scirpt before guess its like ncurses but better.
    I've been playing with Kommander and kmdr scripts recently and it's quite cool, you can do quite a bit. Documentation is seriously lacking in parts but there's some good dev lists about.
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Excellent! Someone finally gets it. And just as side note. if you use one these "installer" scripts and it doesn't work please don't complain to us. PM the author directly. If it were me I would not use this type of thing.
    Your command line write up worked flawlessly for me

Thx Pureh@te

much respect! this worked FLAWLESSLY on a Kingston DT 2GB.

I came across the installer script as well, but I chose to follow a write here, I think it was Babygirl's. I figured if I had problems it would be easier to ask here on the forums for a little direction than to try and contact the author of the blog.

hi im a noobs noob i have a hdd and i have a flash 4 gb i have bt3 disk and i have downloaded BT3.kmdr script (dont know were to put this or how to run it)

i have also downloaded iw.tar, were do i put this (or how as i have a usb memory card how do i mount it to use and explore on bt3) i told u im a noob used to windows please someone tel me once so i can move to next stage hehe.

Babygirl

Default BT3.kmdr

I thought the script would be a hit! It worked flawlessly for me too.