Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

Default Re: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

Quote Originally Posted by bakru View Post
    my question is: how can i reuse the handshake cap saved in the HS file of grimwepa, after i close the app, because cracking was not possible and i need to search for another dict on the net.
    cracking_wpa [Aircrack-ng]

Quote Originally Posted by derv82 View Post
    thanks for the reply, and yes i know that you can reuse the saved cap file with another cracking prog. so if i need grimwepa to do the job, with the tools inside, i capture the handshake again.

Let me know if you are interested in "optimization" feedback. Not "bugs" necessarily but testing feedback. I am testing the grimwepa on different Distros including but not limited to BT4. On Ubuntu 10.04.1, With the AR9285, I get the "no fake authentication" message (and I am near my AP) until I dramatically reduce the injection speed. Only ARP-Replay works for generating high #/s rates. With the r8187, I did not get the "no fake authentication" message and was able to use high injection rates...but, once again...only ARP-Replay worked for an attack. I would like to get the other attacks working but as you said in your wiki, both APs and wireless cards vary greatly with grimwepa. Let me know if I can do other optimization tests for you. Love the small but effective GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by alacrityathome View Post
    Let me know if you are interested in "optimization" feedback. Not "bugs" necessarily but testing feedback. I am testing the grimwepa on different Distros including but not limited to BT4. On Ubuntu 10.04.1, With the AR9285...
    Thank you for offering your services. Unfortunately, I have almost completely given up on supporting GrimWepa.

I am now working on a different wifi-cracker project called "Wifite". Wifite is basically an automated GrimWepa.

If you want to help me, you could test the newer Wifite script. To download and run Wifite, copy/paste this code into terminal:

Code:
    wget -O wifite.py http://wifite.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/wifite.py
    chmod +x wifite.py
    python wifite.py
    The Wifite project homepage is: wifite - Project Hosting on Google Code

Feel free to submit bugs, issues, feature requests, and comments to: Issues - wifite - Project Hosting on Google Code

Wow. I can see now why you have switched your effort and resources to wifite. Very very nice program. Excellent job! Have the BT4 moderator close out this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alacrityathome View Post
    Wow. I can see now why you have switched your effort and resources to wifite. Very very nice program. Excellent job! Have the BT4 moderator close out this thread.
    I will also test it when I will find some time in nthe coming days (I finally got an Alpha wireless USB adapter), but what I wouldn't do is to "full close" this thread, in this forum. Instead of it, I would rename it or open a new one with a new name for following the new program, even there is a dedicated page for it.

i will test it tonight.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678