Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

hi..

i have test all gui tool to test wep key, and my personal opinion.. i like your wep cracker.

easy to install and easy to use..

test on dell latitiute atg d630, running ubuntu lucid , attack dlink d-524up

key found in about 5 minute.

feature request: result in hex and ascii

thanks..

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by derv82 View Post
    You should definitely learn the steps behind what Grim Wepa automates before you start using it. The program is meant for people that know how to use the aircrack-ng suite via command-line so that they don't have to type the commands each time.

First and foremost, you need to learn your way around linux. I suggest reading online how to maneuver and manipulate files/directories via the linux command line, and also how the application/argument structure works. A guide that can tell you nearly everything you need to know to get around in Linux is here: Linux.ie :: The Beginners Linux Guide
    Once you get a feel for typing commands into the console, you can be ready to move on.

Second, you need to know if your wireless card is compatible. To know that, you need to know the brand, model, and chipset of your wifi card. If it's a USB wireless dongle, you can type 'lsusb' at the console to see what Backtrack sees your card as. Compare your wireless card and chipset to the compatibility list of wireless chipsets can be found here: compatibility_drivers [Aircrack-ng] Sometimes you need to install patched drivers in order for the wireless cards to work in Backtrack, and sometimes you need to buy a new wifi card.

Third, you need to understand how everything works. I suggest using a tutorial or guide to help walk you through the process; a decent tutorial for cracking WEP for beginners can be found here: Cracking WEP Using Backtrack: A Beginner's Guide - Ryan Underdown

Other than that, everything you want to do can be found using Google. If you want to know more about something, or if you have a question, GOOGLE IT! If you want to crack WPA, type "Backtrack crack wpa" and sift through the results. You should only post a question on these forums AFTER you've gone through every possible Google result and still have no answer (protip: posts should be few and far between).
    Thanks! i did try some googling before posting, but i couldnt find any good answers.. But i'l check out the links and stuff and see if it works!

Just burned his ISO

Default Riferimento: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

I installed it ok folloving your indications ..... but it seems not working well ...... it continuosly print under:
    ...status waiting for 5-4-3-2-1 sec...

it find beacons .. but not find any IVs

perhaps I commit some mistakes???

Just burned his ISO

Default Riferimento: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

....Perhaps ... I thing I haven't the right driver for my USB D Link DWL G122 ver.C1 .
    Where I can find documentation for install , using BT4 live CD , the correct driver that permit me to make injection?

Just burned his ISO

Derv82 Hello, you could make a version for when removing the key also put it in ascii.
    Thank you.

installed it and it works like a charm. cracked my wpa ( i changed the router pass to some pass in the wordlist ) within 20secs. startet your tool, authenticated my iphone to my router, handshake...pass....passlist...bingo.

Just burned his ISO

Derv82, nice little java prog u made, can u add in a mac changer option also? basically showing ur current mac , and another box to change the mac into what u want

Smile

good work
    it gonna be great if u add in the new update -a like

airodump-ng mon0 -a to remove the fake signal

i cant get hand shake in my router with client or without for WPA2 normaly how much time need i got the handshake i been close to the router nothing happen then i move to the second room the same thing

on wep work good with me

thxxx alot man

here is image

i got hand shake my second Q can u add speed password scan to the program my hight speed scan is 544 k/s i see some guys use diff way make the scan speed 34000

Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 05-14-2010 at 09:08 PM.

I'm starting on the next version of the program. Now that I'm out of school, I have free-time to work on the new features I've wanted to add for a few months.

Ideas are still welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by cotiess View Post
    you could make a version for when removing the key also put it in ascii.
    I've had a lot of suggestions for this option. It will be included in the next version. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by kenv202 View Post
    Derv82, nice little java prog u made, can u add in a mac changer option also? basically showing ur current mac , and another box to change the mac into what u want
    Thanks, glad it works for you. I used to have a Change MAC button, but, as ShamanVirtuel pointed out, that option works better when it's built into the attacks. When doing a WEP attack, if you have a client selected, GrimWepa will change your wifi card's mac address to the client's and perform the attack, and when it's finished, it changes the mac address back to what it was; it's completely automatic. Sorry, I should have had status updates showing the mac being changed.

Quote Originally Posted by shadi View Post
    here is image
    good work
    it gonna be great if u add in the new update -a like
    airodump-ng mon0 -a to remove the fake signal
    i cant get hand shake in my router with client or without for WPA2 normaly how much time need i got the handshake i been close to the router nothing happen then i move to the second room the same thing
    on wep work good with me
    thxxx alot man

i got hand shake my second Q can u add speed password scan to the program my hight speed scan is 544 k/s i see some guys use diff way make the scan speed 34000
    In order to capture WPA handshakes, you need to be listening to the router while another device (laptop, desktop, iphone) connects to the router legitimately. This is required for cracking WPA-encrypted networks.

I never knew about the -a argument for airodump-ng. It's good to know I can remove unassociated clients, so thank you. I will implement this command into the next version of GrimWepa.

If you want to speed up your PMKs-per-second rate, you should check out Pyrit and look into getting an expensive video card.

I just wanted to take a quick moment and commend you on your contribution. This is a great tool and saves a lot of manual labor when doing WEP presentations!

Kudos
    I got 99 problems but the bits ain't one...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast