Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

SV, welcome back. I hope its for good. You're a great asset to the online community and have provided some great tools in the past. Again, I hope you're back on your feet and that everything is looking up for you.

Edit: I'm an idiot that needs to read before I post.

Thank you for the response, shamanvirtuel!

I'm a huge fan of your work (I think it shows) and I'm very glad to see you are back in the scene!

Just FYI: I didn't decompile SpoonWEP/WPA... I am learning Java at school and when I found out I can run system commands via Java (and read the output) I knew I could make an automated cracker. I did borrow heavily from SpoonWEPs design and functionality, so I hope you don't mind...
    Last edited by derv82; 03-03-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

Thumbs up Re: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

@derv82

No problem with borrow anything

If you need some advice on java PM me, i'm not a J guru , but i can do some nifty things ahahah , there's plenty of ways to run system commands, specially with J SE 6 , with native swingworker threads.
    If i can help you for anything about this one or an other project, just ask, i'm busy but in case i can help you

@ALL OTHERS

Thx a lot for your messages, i had hard times in 2008/2009 but all is right now. Like some may heard, i was on street with the dog ... the winter was hard with hard negative temps but the big guy upstairs made me survive

For your info, I got a good job , with an other backtrack oldtimer, a big house, dogs are pretty well, and maybe a baby soon ...
    everything is ok

I want to thanks everybody who supported me , i got plenty of donations, i hope i don't forgot anybody who donate, but just in case : A BIG THANK YOU

As i said a few post up, Im currently developping Spoonwep/wpa 3 and an complete rewriting of a tool some may recall : Charon
    that was my MDK3 GUI, ugly and bad coded, so the new project is called Mjolnir (Nordic God Thor's Hammer) , it's no longer a simple gui for mdk, but a real application, with attacks coded by me, with a nice and user friendly gui.

I will post some screenies when i will be satisfied of the 2 things.

derv82, sorry for polluting your thread.

++ SV

ShamanVirtuel, it's good to hear that you are doing well. Don't worry about hijacking this thread: I think it's cool that you made your comeback-announcement here!

Alright, everybody: I want to thank you for the suggestions, bug reports, and support!!! The changes undergone from v0.1 to v0.9 have been huge, and as I work my way through v1.0, I need to ask for more of your help:

Wanted: Beta Testers.

There's probably bugs I can't foresee or find yet, and I would appreciate it if some of you would try out v1.0 and let me know what you think -- bugs, suggestions, and the like are still welcomed and encouragetsd.

Changes in v1.0:
    • Added Power column to list
    • Fixed Injection Test bug. -> kept button, may automate with WEP attacks before v1.0 release.
    • Save cracked keys to a file (pass.txt), including encryption type, BSSID, and SSID.
    • Display previously-cracked keys based on B/SSID of target. Displays below list
    • HUGE BUG FIX : GrimWepa can now handle directories with spaces in them!
    • Hid "Change MAC" button, forced MAC Address change when doing client-based attack. Thanks shamanvirtuel!
    • MAC address changes back automatically.
    • Support for Intel 4965 chipsets; uses wpa_supplicant work-around to fake-authenticate with AP.

If you find a bug, please give me as much info as possible (OS version, whether you're running off of DVD/USB/Install, your wifi chipset, how to reproduce the error, copy/paste the error message, etc). There is no such thing as TMI with bug reports. To keep this thread from getting out-of-control, please use e-mail or PM to contact me -- my email is [my bt-linux username]@gmail.com.

The link to the v1.0 Beta is here:
    http://grimwepa.googlecode.com/files/grimwepa_1.0.jar
    And the installer (renamed to 'grimstall.sh') is here:
    http://grimwepa.googlecode.com/files/grimstall.sh

Working reports of GrimWepa are also welcomed! After so many failures, it's nice to know I did something right for someone.

Derv
    Last edited by derv82; 03-06-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Shorten, Update

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by derv82 View Post
    ShamanVirtuel, it's good to hear that you are doing well. Don't worry about hijacking this thread: I think it's cool that you made your comeback-announcement here!

Alright, everybody: I want to thank you for the suggestions, bug reports, and support!!! The changes undergone from v0.1 to v0.9 have been huge, and as I work my way through v1.0, I need to ask for more of your help:

Wanted: Beta Testers.

There's probably bugs I can't foresee or find yet, and I would appreciate it if some of you would try out v1.0 and let me know what you think -- bugs, suggestions, and the like are still welcomed and encouraged.

Changes in v1.0:
    • Added Power column to list
    • Fixed Injection Test bug. -> kept button, may automate with WEP attacks before v1.0 release.
    • Save cracked keys to a file (pass.txt), including encryption type, BSSID, and SSID.
    • Display previously-cracked keys based on B/SSID of target. Displays below list
    • HUGE BUG FIX : GrimWepa can now handle directories with spaces in them!
    • Hid "Change MAC" button, forced MAC Address change when doing client-based attack. Thanks shamanvirtuel!
    • MAC address changes back automatically.

If you find a bug, please give me as much info as possible (OS version, whether you're running off of DVD/USB/Install, your wifi chipset, how to reproduce the error, copy/paste the error message, etc). There is no such thing as TMI with bug reports. To keep this thread from getting out-of-control, please use e-mail or PM to contact me -- my email is [my bt-linux username]@gmail.com.

The Beta files are listed on the project page, but are "Deprecated" meaning most users can't view them (unless they click view all downloads).

The link to the v1.0 Beta is here:
    http://grimwepa.googlecode.com/files/grimwepa_1.0.jar
    And the installer (renamed to 'grimstall.sh') is here:
    http://grimwepa.googlecode.com/files/grimstall.sh

Working reports of GrimWepa are also welcomed! After so many failures, it's nice to know I did something right for someone.

Derv
    Awesome! Version 1 Beta fixed my bug where I have to restart GrimWepa anytime I load the drivers. (Even on first run. I had to start GrimWepa, load the driver, close GrimWepa, then restart GrimWepa in order to use the application. If I failed to do this, the "Scan" button would not be selectable. This was also prevented if I put the card into monitor mode before starting GrimWepa.)

Many thanks for the injection slider. Really makes targeting access points that are further away easier.

One suggestion: A deauthenticate button. (Not necessary, but fun to play with. )

Many thanks Derv for continued support of this magnificent application.

SV, welcome back! Super glad to hear of your return, plus that your dogs survived! Also glad to see you still actively participating in the discussions. Wish you and yours the best, and nothing but good fortune!

Just burned his ISO

Cool Re: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

One thing I might suggest, I confess though I did not read all posts this thread so I have no Idea if others have suggested.

I tried you aircrack GUI and one thing I saw that you could do to up its function, when trying to attack a WEP location with no associated clients you could add the ability for the attacking interface to be the client and do several fake auths automatically with the AP to try and get the injection going with your aireplay-ng attack, works best with arp replay attack I think.

Nicedude

Just burned his ISO

Hello,
    I've recently downloaded the latest version, and I must say I'm impressed! I've successfully broken through my WPA router (changed pass to a dictionary word though, only way I was sure it would work on the crack...). As previously mentioned, Gerix froze on me also; but grimwepa works great--and I have a Broadcom card to boot!

One small suggestion: since you have buttons for everything else, maybe place a button on there to de-activate monitor mode on the card; that way you can do everything and browse (I don't remember if it does it automatically upon a successful attack, but if you fail then you must manually enter "airmon-ng stop mon0").

Just burned his ISO

Here are some of the ideas I have after testing the software.

(1) I want to be able to set the refresh rate. Five seconds is too fast. The only alternative is to stop and start scanning which is annoying.

(2) I hope you never get old. The inability maximize the screen is a PITA. The text is just too small.

(3) I want to see the my MAC address displayed. Even if the program automatically randomize it I want to see it displayed.

(4) I agree with the ability to see the data field. That's important.

Finally, if you really really wanted to make a useful program what would be super neat is a button that did the following.

(1) Scanned all channels individually for X minutes (or let the user set a range of channels)
    (2) Reported back which SSIDs (top five) had the most activity (data) and which reported the highest average RXQ.

Just burned his ISO

Hello,
    First, I'm sorry for my bad english, I will try to explain my situation:

I have intel agn 4965

I'm using Backtrack 4.0 FINAL on a DVD. And install the GRIM WEPA

Steps that I use:

1. Open GRIM WEPA
    2. Select port mon0
    3. Scan wifi
    4. Locate my wifi/router. Select it
    5. Start attack with p0841
    6. waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

and nothing more.

I have the problem that when I try TEST INJECTION it says that is 96%
    and when I click on START ATTACK, no injection is detected, and few datas catch.
    20 datas in 30 min.

Omg, my english it's bad. if no understand me, I can remake my post with a online traductor XD

I'm spanish

Just burned his ISO

Hello. Is grimwepa possible to install ubuntu 4.10 i have also backtrack 4 and install was easy... i want to install this to my ubuntu 4.10 because i have netgear wg111v3 usb adapter and it only works on ubuntu but i really dont know how to install it. please help me.. Nice Program! GJ!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast