Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't inject with RT73 wifi-card under BT 3 final, with BT 2 final no problem

Just burned his ISO

Default Can't inject with RT73 wifi-card under BT 3 final, with BT 2 final no problem

Hallo,

a long time, I worked with BT 2 and a RT73 card. Everything including packet injection (ARP Replay) worked fine. Today I downloaded version 3 of Backtrack. But now, I can't inject anymore with the same usb wireless stick.

Please help me to get injection support for BT 3.
    Thanks for help.

Default --

get the 2.0.1 or 3.0.1 driver.

l use the 3.0.1:

wget http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_...-3.0.1.tar.bz2
    tar -xjf rt73-k2wrlz-3.0.1.tar.bz2
    cd rt73-k2wrlz-3.0.1/Module
    make
    make install
    modprobe rt73

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RT2571WF View Post
    Hallo,

a long time, I worked with BT 2 and a RT73 card. Everything including packet injection (ARP Replay) worked fine. Today I downloaded version 3 of Backtrack. But now, I can't inject anymore with the same usb wireless stick.

Please help me to get injection support for BT 3.
    Thanks for help.
    I have posted 100 times about this problem before.always connect USB NIC after properly booting BT3 or use this if you dont want to do so
    ifconfig rausb0 down
    modprobe -r rt73
    modprobe rt73
    airodump-ng rausb0
    aireplay-ng -9 rausb0
    download the below mentioned driver and find my tutorial on how to enhanced the chipset capabilities and using it for WPA and WPA2 without/with using wpa_supplicant.

Quote Originally Posted by micked View Post
    get the 2.0.1 or 3.0.1 driver.

l use the 3.0.1:

wget http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan/rt73-k2wrlz-3.0.1.tar.bz2
    tar -xjf rt73-k2wrlz-3.0.1.tar.bz2
    cd rt73-k2wrlz-3.0.1/Module
    make
    make install
    modprobe rt73
    Micked you also want to remove previous modules first
    ifconfig rausb0 down
    modprobe -r rt73
    then proceed with your steps.
    after updating modules instead of using "modprobe rt73" use modprobe rt73 txPowerTuning=36 ifname=wlan0
    #ifname is optional just for fun put any name of interface you want that is major custom tuning done by aspj in version 3.0.1

I to have gone through every step necessary to get this card working.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=14720

Hope this helps.

p.s. Next time I recommend searching before posting. Topics like this are covered many times a week.

Just burned his ISO

I have posted 100 times about this problem before.always connect USB NIC after properly booting BT3 or use this if you dont want to do so
    ifconfig rausb0 down
    modprobe -r rt73
    modprobe rt73
    airodump-ng rausb0
    aireplay-ng -9 rausb0
    download the below mentioned driver and find my tutorial on how to enhanced the chipset capabilities and using it for WPA and WPA2 without/with using wpa_supplicant.
    I knew this trick, because without it, the card would find no APs. But still injection did not work.
    I also had compiled the 3.x version of the driver.

Micked you also want to remove previous modules first
    ifconfig rausb0 down
    modprobe -r rt73
    then proceed with your steps.
    after updating modules instead of using "modprobe rt73" use modprobe rt73 txPowerTuning=36 ifname=wlan0
    That did the trick. Thank you very much, injection works now.

p.s. Next time I recommend searching before posting. Topics like this are covered many times a week.
    I searched over an hour and indeed found compiling the new driver, but this only worked with the command "modprobe -r rt73" before.

Just burned his ISO

Default make error

I followed secure_it's advice but I keep getting this error when i type make:

make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.21.5/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
    rt73.ko failed to build!
    make: *** [module] Error 1

I would appreciate any help i can get. I am running backtrack on vmware workstation and I am using a hawking usb WUG1 adaptor. It has a ralink chipset.

Quote Originally Posted by dgourd View Post
    I followed secure_it's advice but I keep getting this error when i type make:

make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.21.5/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
    rt73.ko failed to build!
    make: *** [module] Error 1

I would appreciate any help i can get. I am running backtrack on vmware workstation and I am using a hawking usb WUG1 adaptor. It has a ralink chipset.
    This is probably the most asked and answered question on the forum, next time use the search function for basic questions like this.

What you need is the kernel sources, use the following commands to donwload and install them
    Code:
    wget http://www.offensive-security.com/kernel.lzm
    lzm2dir kernel.lzm /
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Default Thanks

Thanks Tron for the help. I tried searching the forum for help, but I am a newb at Backtrack. I have worked with fedora and ubuntu before though. I just didn't know what to search.
    Anyway thanks for the help.

Just search the text you want and hit search.if you are not much precise the search will show nearly all relative posts to your problem.have a nice time ahead.

Just burned his ISO

Default Injection fix

I read this somewhere else, but I fixed my injection problem by using this code:

Code:
    iwconfig rausb0 rate 1M
    It works everytime for me. I get about 300 #data per second from my neighbors router!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast