Thread: Linksys wusb100 and kismet

Just burned his ISO

Default Linksys wusb100 and kismet

Hi. Usually I use broadcom adapters which are very easy to find help for. Today is not the same. I bought the Linksys wusb100 rangeplus wireless network adapter and have no idea what i'm doing. I am using BT2 on cd and can't figure out how to enable this dongle. I am thinking BT2 may not support this stick right off the disk. If it does what should I put for source=? Otherwise will BT3 support it without and extra driver installs and what should the source= be? Also Iono if it will be eth0 or something else. Wish I could sit here and help myself but this time I have no idea what to ask google. Thanks alot.

Edit: Heres the dongle I use.
    linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout &cid=1175239525860&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVis itorWrapper

Quote Originally Posted by Dark[Wirez] View Post
    Edit: Heres the dongle I use.
    linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout &cid=1175239525860&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVis itorWrapper
    Hi Dark[Wirez],

Your dongle uses the rt2870 chipset and I think isn't supported by default. Can't look it up atm.
    Here is a good tutorial which might be helpfull to you:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1093702
    Hope you have a little experience, thats not an easy 1-2 step tutorial.

The source for kismet should be like this:
    source=rt2870,ra0,ralink

Greez
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

Default mhm

Huge help thanks. Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark[Wirez] View Post
    Huge help thanks. Sunday?
    Nope, it's a non-question, can't be answered because the math doesn't work.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Smile Linksys wusb100 and kismet

Hi

Wonderful info guys....The list of apps looks great.....and i thank u.....

staffingpower.com

sentersoftech