Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BT3 beta USB install video

Developer

Default BT3 beta USB install video

For my next video I have decided to make a usb install video w/ save changes. I did all the work in windows vista since that is the operating system many people seem to be using. If there are any questions relating to this type of install post them in this thread and I will try to answer them. If you post questions all over place in other threads and listen to any idiots advice I can not confirm that it will work. This is a fairly simple thing to do if you just follow the steps. The test usb I used was a sandisk cruzer 2 Gig with the annoying U3 menu. (we remove this in the vid). This method will also work for sd cards if you are trying to create a bootable sd card for the eeepc.

Here is the video. The full screen toogle is at the bottom left corner of the screen. I can upload it to rapid share or something if any one needs it.

awesome video man
    i really hate that U3 crap that comes on those things anymore >:3

ok im slapping myself really hard right now. i was lazy to poweroff and load vista, and downlaod BT3(USB by the way). i used firefox in bt3 and downloaded the usb rar file. great. now i have to earase this partition. wtf was i thinking. and to add to my problems i Arc crashes wheni try to open the rar file, saying it is sending a signal 6. i tried to make a new small partition but i dont have enough space for a new partision that fits the rar file. i grabbed the bt2 live cd poped it in, deleted all my bt2 stuff in hopes that i could resize my old partision so i can make a new biger one, so i can open in vista but no it didnt let me resize. im mad, and i dont want to wait a long ass time re downloadign it, cuz i have slow internet. what should i do????? im very angry and i will do anything right about now.
    the command line is inevitable

Thanks for the video dude. It looks great. Do you mind typing out the commands that you executed on the video here, so I don't have to watch the video whilst I install.

Thanks if you do, and thanks for making the video if you don't! Either way I know it'll help me out!

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

great PH !

i hope to provide soon a way to do this directly from a live bt like a cd or another usbkey , i will add it in my expert mode for creation of partions in bt3-usbcreator that will become bt3-creator because in final it will allow also HD installs using the images located in ram.....so no more need of an iso file stored on hd , just a working bt...

thx again , you are a great video tutorialist

EDIT : justa tip , you can also edit the syslinux.cfg BEFORE make it bootable the first time avoid to need reboot and change
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

if u have the iso and install it to hdd, is it the same as the usb version, i heard it was striped of some goodies. and any thoguht on my previous post
    the command line is inevitable

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

yep same method

the difference is you have no compiz support in cd iso....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    great PH !

i hope to provide soon a way to do this directly from a live bt like a cd or another usbkey , i will add it in my expert mode for creation of partions in bt3-usbcreator that will become bt3-creator because in final it will allow also HD installs using the images located in ram.....so no more need of an iso file stored on hd , just a working bt...

thx again , you are a great video tutorialist

EDIT : justa tip , you can also edit the syslinux.cfg BEFORE make it bootable the first time avoid to need reboot and change
    @ SV, I tried to do that but I could not figure out how to edit the .cfg files in vista. It would not open with any thing I had on here. If you know of something please do tell.

EDIT: Blah you are right SV I just didn't try hard enough. Will be updating the video Today

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    @ SV, I tried to do that but I could not figure out how to edit the .cfg files in vista. It would not open with any thing I had on here. If you know of something please do tell.
    does Vista's CMD.EXE have the old "EDIT" prorgam? I used that to edit something in XP when i made my USB BT3 a while ago. I always forget it's there...

Developer

I never tried it trevelyn but I did get it to open it notepad ++. So if any one wants to do it that way they can.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast