Thread: Wifi Broadcom 4328 install. Please help.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question

Hello!

I have HP Pavilion DV6449us. It has Broadcom 4328 card on board. I have installed drivers for it with ndiswrapper but monitor mode is not supported. Is it possible to make it work in monitor mode?

Thank you!

Hello!

I have HP Pavilion DV6449us. It has Broadcom 4328 card on board. I have installed drivers for it with ndiswrapper but monitor mode is not supported. Is it possible to make it work in monitor mode?

Thank you!

SHORT: ndis5 doesn't support any mode either than 'ad-hoc' or 'managed'.

LONG: forumsDOTremote-exploitDOTorg/showthread.php?t=9899

~s
    <sig>random, witty quote</sig>

any one know if monitor mode is supported in the new ubuntu release (8.10 interpid)? I know the card works out of the box with the release - no ndis wrapper needed
    "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...LOVE!"
    by, Homer J Simpson:cool:

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    any one know if monitor mode is supported in the new ubuntu release (8.10 interpid)? I know the card works out of the box with the release - no ndis wrapper needed
    Install it and find out.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Why not ask the braintrust over at the ubuntu forums?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-wyx View Post
    Hello!

Thank you!

Hello!

Thank you!
    I have exactly the same laptop. Ndiswrapper is the ONLY way to go with that card. Trust me, I even recompiled the Linux kernel in a special way to help out the http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/ project. Even they admitted to it being near impossible to support that card :/. Sorry mate but your only option is to live with it, replace it, or go get yourself a wireless usb dongle.
    - Poul Wittig