Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .lzm file is in modules folder, now what.

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy .lzm file is in modules folder, now what.

I want to add VLC player to bt3 and the .lzm file is in the modules folder just like the title says. But now i dont have any clue how to open it to play video files. Yes this a n00b question. (yes i googled it and searched at the forums, and have no answer)

Thanks, Lazzura

try
    Code:
    lzm2dir <.lzm here> /

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzura View Post
    I want to add VLC player to bt3 and the .lzm file is in the modules folder just like the title says. But now i dont have any clue how to open it to play video files. Yes this a n00b question. (yes i googled it and searched at the forums, and have no answer)

Thanks, Lazzura
    goto module folder
    then just use
    lzm2dir whatever.lzm /
    then just type from command shell
    vlc
    (Dont run vlc with root privilege.its dangerous and not adviced)

If it's in the modules folder then it should get loaded on boot.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I got it to work , and now for another quick question, how to i link it to the K Menu/Multimedia. I have the icon set up in the menu but i dont get how to run it from there.

Ok, yes it is in modules but how do i open the .lzm to run the program straight without lzm2dir command?

Also why is it dangerous to run VLC as root? (i might get hacked?)

Is it possible to get this K Menu>Multimedia>VLC... without decompressing the lzm file and running it straight from the modules folder?

I have found the security hole discription online for VLC, it also says that if you want to be safe remove the subs plug-in. But what would be another good mediaplayer for videos in linux?

try the search function!!!!!

i used the string "videos in bt"

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...t=videos+in+bt

Developer

If you are using a usb install and you place a PROPERLY made .lzm in the modules folder it should be loaded at boot and it will be in the KDE menu IF there was a piece of programing to cover that. Just a side note, on gentoo vlc wont even work as root so that may be your issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    If you are using a usb install and you place a PROPERLY made .lzm in the modules folder it should be loaded at boot and it will be in the KDE menu IF there was a piece of programing to cover that. Just a side note, on gentoo vlc wont even work as root so that may be your issue as well.
    Yea, but gentoo is ****ing weird.....
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Just a side note, on gentoo vlc wont even work as root so that may be your issue as well.
    VLC does work in BT3 as root, although it is not recommended.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Default --

in terminal type vlc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast