Thread: Login in to msn messenger while performing MITM attact

Just burned his ISO

Question Login in to msn messenger while performing MITM attact

Hello!
    I noticed that while performing a mitm attact to certain machine I can't login to msn messenger. I always get some error about the date and time not being correct or that the digital certificate is not valid.
    When trying to login to ssl sites I get the warning msg about the wrong certificate but on MSN messenger I just can't connect not even if I deliverately want to accept the false certificate...

is there any way to connecto to msn while being arp poisoned? Whenever I'm using ettercap I stop everybody in my house from using msn messenger unless someone's already connected to the service before I start the mitm attact.

Thanks.

Developer

The obvious answer would be get yourself some Vmware images to attack or put yourself on a different subnet than your family computers.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    The obvious answer would be get yourself some Vmware images to attack or put yourself on a different subnet than your family computers.
    Or to simply specify a single target computer instead of ARP spoofing the whole subnet.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.