Thread: Backtrack 3, Windows Vista and Intel Pro 3945ABG

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 3, Windows Vista and Intel Pro 3945ABG

I have a Laptop running Windows Vista, and i have VMWare installed.
    I've read a post about, that someone succesfully got a Windows Vista computer, running VMWare with Backtrack 3 and a 3945ABG card, to crack a Wireless network using aircrack?

Are there somebody who can explain and tell me how to do the same, as i can't do it with Backtrack 3 on VMWare!

OBS. It's a HP laptop i have...

Thanks.

EDIT:
    If it's isn't possible to use VMWare (as i've read Vitual Enviroment only supports USB Networks), then can i use a BootDisc (LiveCD) / USB LiveCD or do i need to install it really (maybe just a DualBoot)

Quote Originally Posted by mindthomas View Post
    I've read a post about, that someone succesfully got a Windows Vista computer, running VMWare with Backtrack 3 and a 3945ABG card, to crack a Wireless network using aircrack?

Are there somebody who can explain and tell me how to do the same, as i can't do it with Backtrack 3 on VMWare!

Thanks.

EDIT:
    If it's isn't possible to use VMWare (as i've read Vitual Enviroment only supports USB Networks), then can i use a BootDisc (LiveCD) / USB LiveCD or do i need to install it really (maybe just a DualBoot)
    This is correct, as your card is not connected through USB VMware will not recognize it as a wireless card at all. As long as you choose any other method to run BT3 than in an virtual environment you should be fine. There is no need to actually install BT3 onto your HDD unless you want to, it can be run as a live USB/CD.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mindthomas View Post

Thanks.

EDIT:
    Vmware Supports only USB Wireless.further R & D You can ask in Either Vmware forum or Intel Forum.

EDIT:Tron is fast enough.he replied before I was replying.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    EDIT:Tron is fast enough.he replied before I was replying.
    Glad to beat you to the punch at least once.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Glad to beat you to the punch at least once.
    I can feel your blood is flowing 10% faster then before.I felt that many times before lol.dont mind friend.

Just burned his ISO

I have tried using Backtrack 3 with a Live CD, but i can't use my card!
    Why - It's a Live CD!