Thread: aireplay-ng packet length < 30

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default aireplay-ng packet length < 30

I have a Linksys WPC11 v4 card, which is loading the rtl8180 driver.

I'm walking through the guide to crack wep with no clients. "aireplay-ng -9" injection test works fine.

When I try the "aireplay-ng -1" the authentication request is successful, but the acknowledge request fails every time with "packet length < 30". The next step of "aireplay-ng -4" or "-5" fails to ever find a data packet.

Reading up on this I see mention of aircrack causing this error with madwifi, but not aireplay. I also don't think I'm using madwifi. What could be causing this and is there a workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by bjones327 View Post
    When I try the "aireplay-ng -1" the authentication request is successful, but the acknowledge request fails every time with "packet length < 30". The next step of "aireplay-ng -4" or "-5" fails to ever find a data packet.
    Are there any clients currently connected to the AP through wireless? Otherwise aireplay-ng will naturally not be able to intercept any data packets and you will have to make sure that you use the correct method to crack WEP without any active clients.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones327 View Post
    Reading up on this I see mention of aircrack causing this error with madwifi, but not aireplay. I also don't think I'm using madwifi. What could be causing this and is there a workaround?
    There is no reason that aircrack-ng would be complaining about an issue with the packet length. The information about the error message is according to aircrack-ng.org: "It was due to the use of madwifi-ng with aircrack and aircrack-ng up to 0.2.1". The information is referring to the aircrack-ng suite as a whole, that is airodump and aireplay as well, and most likely the error did actually occur using aireplay-ng. As you neither use the madwifi drivers, or hopefully an version of aircrack-ng older than 0.2.1 it does however seem a bit puzzling that you are experiencing the error.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.