Network 101 questions:
Is your Ethernet interface enabled?
If using a static IP address:
- Have you assigned an IP address?
- Is the IP address in the proper range?
- Is the sub-net mask correct?
- Is the route set up?
If using DHCP:
- Have you been assigned an IP address?
- Is the received DHCP information (IP address, subnet mask, route) correct?
Once the above items are working correctly, then the next step is to verify that the DNS information is correct. At that point, you should be able to connect to the Internet.