Thread: NNTP client for BT?

Default NNTP client for BT?

Howdy fellas,

Does someone know a decent NNTP client that works on BT3 KDE? I was browsing the net but all I managed to find was either some old junk or not properly working stuff at all.

Well as much as I wouldn't like to disappoint you but all these links are useless... Just old (6 years!) junk, not working download mirrors, etc. But I've found something called GTK+ and I'm fighting now trying to install it. Not sure if it works after all...

Have a look that this.

http://forums.newsbin.com/viewtopic....f0a79dd4ca54c1

Also GTK+ is not a NNTP its a UI framework.

GTK+ is a highly usable, feature rich toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces which boasts cross platform compatibility and an easy to use API.

www.GTK.ORG

newsbin is for windows... It's really funny, there is indeed no decent NTTP client for linux. It is so obvious yet so unbelievable

If you have bothered to click the link you'd see it a Howto run NewsBin under Linux FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    newsbin is for windows... It's really funny, there is indeed no decent NTTP client for linux. It is so obvious yet so unbelievable

....Well as much as I wouldn't like to disappoint you but all these links are useless... Just old (6 years!) junk, not working download mirrors, etc. But I've found something called GTK+ and I'm fighting now trying to install it. Not sure if it works after all....
    ....newsbin is for windows... It's really funny, there is indeed no decent NTTP client for linux. It is so obvious yet so unbelievable....
    For someone that is looking for a handout you sure are rude when help has been given. You aren't likely to get help in the future if all of your responses mock those in this thread....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

How about thunderbird. I'm sure you can install that. Pine and mutt can probably do NNTP too.